The 2016 MLS Cup final on the FOX network was watched by a viewing audience that averaged 1.411 million viewers on Saturday, December 10, 2016.
The match, which ended in a 0-0 tie after 120 minutes of soccer, was featured in primetime on a Saturday night across the United States. The FOX broadcast network is in approximately 116 million homes in the United States.
Seattle Sounders defeated Toronto FC on penalty kicks to win their first MLS Cup.
The viewing numbers for the game on US Spanish-language television was 601,000 on Univision Deportes and UniMas combined.
Elsewhere, in Canada, the match was watched by 1.5 million on TSN & RDS.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family