Warsaw (AFP) – Napoli striker Arkadiusz Milik could be out for several months after suffering a knee injury in Poland’s World Cup qualifier win against Denmark.
The Polish football federation said Sunday he will probably need surgery on the injured left knee which suffered anterior cruciate ligament damage during Poland’s 3-2 win against Denmark in Warsaw on Saturday.
“Arek Milik has undergone tests on his injured knee, which have shown damage to the anterior cruciate ligament,” Kwiatkowski, the federation spokesman, said on Twitter.
“Arek will return to Napoli on Sunday. He is likely to have to undergo surgery and could be out for several months.”
Milik, 22, joined Napoli in August from Ajax and has made a huge impact at the Serie A club. And after two rounds of the Champions League for Napoli he is joint top scorer on three goals along with Lionel Messi (Barcelona), Sergio Aguero (Manchester City) and Edinson Cavani (Paris Saint Germain).
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family