Sunday’s Copa America Centenario final between Argentina and Chile averaged 2.979 million viewers, which is the most-watched men’s soccer game ever not involving the USA team on FOX Sports 1.
The game, which was televised live on FS1 from 8-10pm ET, ended in a 0-0 draw in regulation time and after extra time. In the resulting penalty kicks, it was Chile who shocked most viewers by winning the game 4-2 after Argentina missed two spot kicks. The result was so demoralizing to Argentina and Lionel Messi that the world’s best footballer announced his retirement from the international game immediately after the match ended.
While the 2.979 million number is impressive, it pales in comparison to the most-watched soccer game on FS1 which was the 4.7 million who watched the US Women’s National Team against Colombia last summer.
FOX Sports 1’s most-watched men’s soccer game was the USA-Argentina match from Tuesday, June 21 that drew 3.29 million viewers on FOX Sports 1. That match beat the previous record held by the USA-Ecuador match on June 16, which averaged 2.132 million viewers.
30+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch LaLiga, Liga MX & MLS
- Includes TUDN, GolTV, Univision, beIN SPORTS and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch LaLiga, Primeira Liga and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $5.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Serie A, Bundesliga, FA Cup, EFL & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $5.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more