Watford (United Kingdom) (AFP) – Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge made a timely return to England training on Monday, the day before manager Roy Hodgson submits his final 23-man squad for Euro 2016.
Sturridge missed England’s 2-1 win over Australia in Sunderland on Friday after sustaining a calf strain during Liverpool’s Europa League final defeat by Sevilla.
But the 26-year-old emerged for training with the rest of his team-mates at Watford’s training ground on Monday.
Sturridge’s place in the squad is thought to be under threat, with 18-year-old Manchester United striker Marcus Rashford having marked his debut with a goal against Australia.
Southampton left-back Ryan Bertrand, who is nursing a knock, was the only injury-enforced absentee on Monday, which left 24 players training.
Chelsea centre-back Gary Cahill trained after missing Friday’s game because of a hip problem.
Manchester City midfielder Fabian Delph has already dropped to the standby list due to a groin injury.
England play Portugal at Wembley on Thursday in their final warm-up game before travelling to France next week.
They open their Euro 2016 campaign against Russia in Marseille on June 11 and will also face Slovakia and neighbours Wales in Group B.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
- Includes USA, NBC, FOX, FS1 + more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- How Paramount+ can improve its soccer streaming
- Sterling could not waste peak years at Man City on the bench
- Africa Super League: What we know and don’t know
- Youri Tielemans to Arsenal more likely with Lokonga loan
- Frankfurt’s Kostic arrives in Turin for Juventus medical
- Elliott signs new long-term Liverpool deal
- Vela, Ruidiaz lift MLS All-Stars to 2-1 win over Liga MX
- Six new faces to watch in Serie A
- Barcelona sell off assets to make signings in attempt to restore glory days
- Germany 2022 World Cup Kits leaked