Saturday’s El Clasico between Real Madrid and Barcelona delivered an average of 1.8 total viewers across beIN SPORTS and beIN SPORTS en Español, according to Nielsen. A total of 1,106,137 watched the game on beIN SPORTS en Español, while 768,445 watched the game on the English-language beIN SPORTS network.
“We are proud to be the go-to sports network for La Liga coverage in the United States, including what many consider the biggest rivalry in all of sports,” said Antonio Briceño, Deputy Managing Director of beIN SPORTS. “We are thrilled with the continuing growth in viewership for “El Clásico,” but even more so that beIN SPORTS’ programming and coverage is meeting the needs of such passionate sports fans.”
The 1,874,582 total number is less than the 2.12 million viewers that beIN SPORTS had in March for El Clasico. However, for last week’s El Clasico, there was less of a build-up to the game because it followed an international break.
The Spanish rivals faced-off at the Santiago Bernabéu Stadium in Madrid on November 21st, where league leaders and defending La Liga champions, FC Barcelona defeated Real Madrid in a 4-0 blowout. The match marked superstar player, Lionel Messi’s, return to the field, although goals were scored by teammates Neymar Jr., Andres Iniesta and two by Luis Suarez. The last goal by the Uruguayan striker, approximately in minute 74 of the match, marked the highest viewership peak of the broadcast reaching 2,226,070 total viewers across both networks. The teams are set to meet again on Sunday, April 3, 2016 at the Camp Nou Stadium in Barcelona.
As part of beIN SPORTS’ coverage, the network sent Ray Hudson and Phil Schoen to broadcast the game live from Madrid, Spain. Meamwhile, in Miami, the studio set featured Patrick Kluivert, Christian Vieri, Gary Bailey and other stars.
According to an interview with World Soccer Talk, beIN SPORTS is considering sending Hudson to Italy this season to commentate Serie A games live from the stadium.
100+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $29.99/mo. for fubo Español Package
- Watch Premier League, LaLiga, Liga MX & MLS
- Includes NBC, NBCSN, FS1, FS2, Univision, beIN SPORTS and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch LaLiga, Primeira Liga and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $4.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Serie A, Bundesliga, FA Cup, EFL & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $5.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ