In the debut episode of the Bundesliga advertising campaign to promote the new season, the American advertising team shared the first ideas that came to their head to promote the top German soccer league. Unfortunately, they bombed badly with the Need For Feet idea and the Bundesliga rap.
But now that the ad experts have had time to come up with a better idea, it’s time to pitch it to their boss. And like many bosses that we know from personal experience, sometimes the people at the top don’t have the time, wisdom or focus to appreciate good ideas.
Watch episode 2 of the Bundesliga promotional campaign to see what develops:
If you missed episode 1, here’s a quick summary of the video campaign. Instead of producing a typical, generic video to promote the new season, the Deutsche Fußball Liga takes us inside a pretend advertising agency to see what the creative minds come up with. And hilarity ensues, as well as a few awkward moments.
A little bird has told us that the videos are part of a four-part series, so be sure to watch the two first episodes and then watch out for the subsequent episodes that will be released over the next few weeks.
The 2015/16 Bundesliga season kicks off this Friday when Bayern Munich defends its title when the team plays Hamburger SV. Plus there’s plenty of action on Saturday and Sunday.
For soccer fans in the United States, look at the Bundesliga TV schedule for kick-off times. Plus, for more insight and analysis about one of the best leagues in Europe, visit the English-language Bundesliga website.
Mobile app users, watch the video here.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Premier League’s most underrated XI in the 2021/22 season
- Marseille secure Champions League place as Bordeaux go down
- RB Leipzig win first German Cup trophy
- Ten-man RB Leipzig win German Cup final on penalties
- La Rochelle boost Top 14 play-off hopes ahead of Euro final
- Fiorentina beat Juve to reach Conference League, Atalanta out of Europe
- ‘Very happy’ Mbappe snubs Real Madrid to stay at PSG
- Lyon beat Barca to claim eighth Women’s Champions League
- Which countries are FIFA World Cup rivals?
- Rangers lift Scottish Cup trophy after Europa League heartache