Angel di Maria has completed his move from Manchester United to Paris St Germain.
PSG and United agreed a 63 million euro (£44.3million) fee for the midfielder on Sunday and earlier this week he passed a medical in Qatar.
On Thursday afternoon, United announced Di Maria had completed his move to the French champions.
United tweeted: “£mufc can confirm the sale of Angel Di Maria to Paris Saint-Germain is complete. We wish him well for the future.”
At 27 years of age, the Argentine international, from Rosario, began his professional career in the 2005-06 season. World U20 champion in 2007 with the Albiceleste, Angel Di Maria transferred that same year to Benfica where he quickly imposed himself in the starting XI. In 2008, he won Olympic gold with Argentina in Beijing. He has earned 66 caps for Argentina, scoring 15 goals.
In June 2010, he transferred to Real Madrid, with whom he won the Spanish championship (2012), two Copa del Rey (2011, 2014), the Spanish Super Cup (2012) and the UEFA Champions League (2014) in which he shone in the final against Atlético de Madrid.
Programming note: Even if you don’t have a TV subscription to beIN SPORTS, you can watch Angel Di Maria play in Ligue Un live on fuboTV for just $6.99 per month. The service streams the beIN broadcast to your computer, tablet or smartphone (plus, it supports Chromecast). And set-up just takes minutes. sign up for a free trial to fuboTV via their website.
After one season in England, Angel Di Maria, who has also played 45 UEFA Champions League matches, has decided to join the French Ligue 1 to play his part in Paris Saint-Germain’s domestic and European ambitions.
“I am very proud, and can’t wait, to wear the colours of Paris Saint-Germain”, declared Angel Di Maria. I want to win every competition we enter, both in France and Europe. I want to win the Champions League, which is a dream for all footballers, for a second time. We will do everything we can to bring Europe’s biggest trophy to France and the fans of Paris Saint-Germain.”
SEE MORE: Read our preview of the 2015/16 Ligue Un season.
“We are very proud that Angel Di Maria has chosen Paris Saint-Germain”, explained Paris Saint-Germain president Nasser Al Khelaïfi. “He is an incredibly talented player, with a frightening speed and ability to beat opposition players. He adds his name to the club’s strong South American community and, above all, the big Paris Saint-Germain family. By signing Angel Di Maria, Paris Saint-Germain is once again showing the club’s constant ambition to reach the summits of the European game.”
Di Maria will be presented by Paris Saint-Germain before PSG’s game on August 16 against Ajaccio.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
- Includes USA, NBC, FOX, FS1 + more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Giggs assault trial: ex-girlfriend details ‘red flags’
- Everton sign Belgium’s Onana from Lille
- 2022/23 Serie A prediction: Who wins the Scudetto?
- Where to find PSV Eindhoven vs. AS Monaco on US TV
- Where to find Flamengo vs. Corinthians on US TV
- Cash-strapped African clubs eagerly await Super League riches
- Real Madrid motivated ahead of Frankfurt Super Cup clash
- Raza at the controls of high-flying Zimbabwe
- Southampton has early red flags in this Premier League campaign
- Sarr both Watford’s hero and villain in West Brom draw