During a successful summer of soccer in the United States when it comes to TV viewing figures, Univision and FOX Sports have been reporting favorable numbers for their coverage of this summer’s CONCACAF Gold Cup.
Some of the latest numbers include:
• 3.7 million watched the Mexico-Guatemala game on Univision,
• 2.8 million watched the Mexico-Trinidad and Tobago thriller on Univision and UniMas (combined numbers),
• 1.5 million people watched the USA-Panama game on FOX Sports 1
Univision is allowing fans to watch the group stages of the Gold Cup, free of charge without authenticating through a television subscription and is a likely cause for the big jump in numbers. According to a statement released from the network, live streaming gave TV viewership a 6% jump in ratings.
FOX Sports GO is also contributing to increased viewer numbers for the network, with over 2.1 million minutes of Gold Cup coverage streamed on the app, setting a new record for FOX Sports GO coverage.
Through 6 days and 12 matches of the 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup tournament, Univision Deportes has delivered over 2.0M live streams; 86% of all live streams have come from the Univision Deportes App.
Now that the group stage of the Gold Cup has ended, viewers will have to have a TV subscription to keep watching on Univision’s live stream. Univision has seen solid growth among English-language viewers through their coverage of the World Cup and now the Gold Cup as well. The network has been able to hit the coveted 18-49 market consistently through the tournament and are likely to see that market grow in the future.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- Arsenal set Women’s Super League attendance record
- Southgate, Kane claim England are nearly powerless over Qatar
- Premier League should be decreased to 18 teams, says David Dein
- Southgate holding England back from being world beaters
- Where to find Mexico vs. Peru on US TV
- Where to find Czech Republic vs. Portugal on US TV
- Where to find Spain vs. Switzerland on US TV
- Where to find Scotland vs. Ireland on US TV
- England relegated from top tier of UEFA Nations League
- Cristiano Ronaldo charged by FA over incident with Everton fan