Before kicking off the Women’s World Cup in Canada on June 6, FOX Sports has announced exclusive content that will precede the games.
FOX will be showing content across all of its channels with themes tied to the World Cup and especially the U.S. National team. A special bug and watermark will be displayed on FOX and FOX Sports 1 channels with an FX movie marathon focusing on the “score to settle” mentality such as The Avengers, Men in Black and the A-Team, and on the FXX Simpsons marathon. Original content has been created as well and one program in particular was created to showcase the history of the Women’s World Cup (see below).
A special ad was created in partnership with the Fantastic Four that blends Ali Krieger, Sydney Leroux, Christen Press and Megan Rapinoe in with the movie that is set to be released this summer. The ad will run the duration of the tournament on FOX Sports 1, FOX Sports 2, the FOX broadcast network and over the company’s various social media accounts.
One of the ads planned shows a continuation from the Men’s World Cup last year in Brazil to this summer’s tournament, which is likely the main focus of this 10-day campaign hoping to bring the same excitement across the United States that was felt last year.
Alongside the content FOX will be bringing in celebrities, FOX primetime stars and VIPs from the entertainment and sports world to show their support for the U.S. Women’s National team in the “One Nation, One Team Jersey Campaign”.
There will be plenty of advertising off-screen as well, FOX announced plans to purchase billboards, take over the Bryant Park subway station, bus wraps in Los Angeles and wall-scape advertising in both New York and Los Angeles.
“Our final countdown is intended to ‘seal the deal’ with casual viewers and soccer-crazed fans alike so that the buzz we’re seeing leads to the Women’s World Cup being the can’t-miss sports and pop-culture event of the summer,” said Robert Gottlieb, who is the FOX Sports Executive Vice President as well as head of marketing.
SEE MORE — US TV schedule for Women’s World Cup.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
- Includes USA, NBC, FOX, FS1 + more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Forest mark Premier League homecoming with West Ham win
- 2022-23 Premier League TV Channel schedule on Peacock
- Where to find Chelsea vs Spurs in Canada on TV
- Where to find Nottingham Forest vs. West Ham on US TV
- Where to find Almeria vs. Real Madrid on US TV
- Where to find Bayern Munich vs. Wolfsburg on US TV
- Where to find Chelsea vs. Spurs on US TV
- Where to find Kilmarnock vs. Celtic on US TV
- Ten Hag given baptism of fire to Man Utd’s new reality
- New-look Barca frustrated by Rayo in season opener