Paris Saint-Germain have been dealt a double injury blow heading into next week’s Champions League quarter-final first leg against Barcelona.
The French champions will be without the services of David Luiz for four weeks after the Brazilian picked up a thigh injury this weekend. The setback will see the defender miss both legs of the Champions League showdown against Barcelona.
While midfielder Thiago Motta will be absent from the first leg after picking up a hamstring injury during PSG’s 3-2 victory over Olympique Marseille on Sunday.
The timing of the injuries couldn’t be worse for manager Laurent Blanc, who already knew he was going into the first leg of the Champions League quarter-final without the services of Marco Verratti and Zlatan Ibrahimovic – who are both suspended.
Paris Saint-Germain currently hold a narrow one-point advantage of Lyon on the Ligue 1 table with seven matches to play.
They are now preparing for Wednesday’s French Cup semi-final against AS Saint-Etienne, which will be their last match before the Champions League quarter-final first leg against Barcelona.
100+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $29.99/mo. for fubo Español Package
- Watch Premier League, LaLiga, Liga MX & MLS
- Includes NBC, NBCSN, ESPN, FS1, FS2, TUDN, beIN SPORTS and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch LaLiga, Primeira Liga and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $5.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Serie A, Bundesliga, FA Cup, EFL & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $5.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more