Connect with us

Nike

Clint Dempsey and Alex Morgan model new USA away shirt

us-soccer

New photographs of USA’s away shirt for 2015 have been leaked on the Internet, featuring images of Clint Dempsey and Alex Morgan modeling the blue away kit.

Nike has a penchant for trying new designs for the USA that push the envelope (remember the “Bomb Pop” and sashes?), and this year’s away shirt is certainly unlike anything else we’ve seen in soccer before.

The 2015 away shirt, which will be worn by the USA Men’s National Team and USA Women’s National Team, features a unique design with an assortment of different tones of blue going down the shirt, while the shoulders are white.

It’s another example of a USA shirt that we may have to see in person before giving our final verdict.

The shirts aren’t available to pre-order as of press time, but stay tuned for details as soon as we get them.

What’s your opinion about the new shirt? Post them below. Or, call Soccer Morning on Monday, February 16 at 10:50am ET at 347-756-6276 to share your opinions live on-air.

usa-away-2015-shirt

• Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
  • Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
  • Includes USA, NBC, FOX, FS1 + more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
  • Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
  • Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
  • Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
  • Price: $4.99/mo
  • Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
  • Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
  • Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
  • Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
  • Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more

9 Comments

9 Comments

1. Cheyenne Bennett

February 18, 2015 at 10:29 am

Yes! Its amazing! Better than the others in my opinion.

2. brad

February 17, 2015 at 7:34 am

horrible

3. EDub

February 16, 2015 at 2:33 pm

• Chris

February 16, 2015 at 4:48 pm

I too first thought of the more recent Russian Jersey when I saw this.. Honestly, feeling somewhat neutral on this jersey design. Would be WAY better if it had that centennial crest. The current crest looks so “childish”, although there isn’t anything Nike could have done to fix this.

4. hoosiergunner

February 16, 2015 at 2:04 pm

My daughter will love this design… and I think that sums up my thoughts. I think it looks great for the WNT (Admittedly, there isn’t much that doesn’t look good on Alex Morgan), but maybe not so much for the men. Overall, I like it better than the bomb pop designs. I wish I had gotten the red and white hoops while they were around. Oh well.

5. StellaWasAlwaysDown

February 16, 2015 at 10:51 am

Looks like someone at Nike headquarters mixed some colors and whites. Dreadful.

Why can’t they keep the clean 2013 U.S. Centennial jersey as well as that great logo?!?!

6. jtm371

February 16, 2015 at 10:45 am

I was just getting used to the rocket pop and now it is gone. Not sure this is any better. I am biased my favorite is home white.

• CTBlues

February 16, 2015 at 12:40 pm

I wish they could keep using the centenial kit. Also wish they would sell it again because they are going for stupid money on the second hand market.

• Tim

February 16, 2015 at 3:49 pm

Centenial kit and crest was by far the best I have seen in a while. Simple is always better to me.