Tuesday’s telecast of Mexico against Brazil in the 2014 FIFA World Cup was viewed by 6.8 million people on Univision Deportes, which beat ESPN’s coverage of the same game by 61%, and 4.2 million people on ESPN.
Through yesterday, Univision’s viewing numbers for the 2014 World Cup are 54% greater than in World Cup 2010 for the same period.
On the digital side, Univision saw a record breaking 9.5 million visits and over 8.3 million video views. There’s no doubt that the numbers are helped by soccer fans being able to watch live, online coverage of the matches without authentication required unlike WatchESPN.
Meanwhile, the Mexico-Brazil TV rating was the most-viewed World Cup group stage match in Univision Deportes history among total viewers, besting the Mexico-France match on June 17, 2010 (6.0 million total viewers) and Mexico-South Africa match on June 11, 2010 (5.9 million total viewers).
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family