The US TV viewing numbers are in for the 2013/14 UEFA Champions League final between Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid. The match was televised live on FOX, the free over-the-air network, and was watched by an average of 1.9 million people. This compares to the 1.4 million people who watched the 2013 Champions League final, but was far lower than the 2.6 million people who watched the 2011 Champions League final on FOX, between Barcelona and Manchester United.
Of course, a large variable in terms of how successful the finals are in regards to TV ratings is based on who the teams are.
The FOX broadcast of Real Madrid versus Atletico Madrid delivered a 1.1/3 household rating/share with an average audience of 1.9 million viewers, +22% in rating and 36% in audience compared to last year’s Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund clash (0.9//2, 1.4 million) also on FOX. The match peaked at 2.2 million viewers from 5:00-5:15 PM ET during extra time.
FOX Deportes’ coverage of the 2014 Champions League final was the No. 1 Spanish-language sports program for the day with 1.2 million Hispanic viewers.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- QPR showing signs of progress under Michael Beale
- Problems continue to pile up for Spanish soccer
- Rafa Benitez reportedly on Nottingham Forest’s radar
- Umbro releases alternative World Cup kit collection
- Cristiano Ronaldo expected to leave Manchester United in January
- Real’s Perez hopes Super League closes gap with US sports
- Soccer player misses game due to Xbox injury
- Where to find Liverpool vs. Rangers on US TV
- Where to find Inter vs. Barcelona on US TV
- Where to find Frankfurt vs. Spurs on US TV