Arsene Wenger takes charge of his 1000th game for Arsenal today, an incredible landmark achievement for a football manager.
Since joining the club in 1996, Wenger has revolutionized not only Arsenal but all of the Premier League. One of the areas where he changed the game was by instituting different training regimes as well as improving the health and fitness of players. Gone were the days of fish’n chips, beer and Mars bars. And in came healthy food and bottled water.
It was not only off the pitch where Wenger made radical changes. It was also on the pitch.
Watch the following Sky Sports documentary for interviews with former chairman David Dein to learn more about the early days of Wenger arriving at Arsenal, and the changes he made:
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family