In the World Cup qualifier between rivals Uruguay and Argentina on Tuesday night, Uruguayan and Liverpool striker Luis Suarez was up to his old tricks again as he took a dive in the penalty area to earn a penalty kick for his national team.
After the referee awarded the penalty to Uruguay, up stepped Suarez to slot the ball into the back of the net.
Uruguay went on to win the match 3-2, but the result wasn’t enough to qualify automatically for the World Cup. Uruguay will now face Jordan in a two-legged playoff for a chance to play in the FIFA World Cup 2014 in Brazil.
What do you think? Was it a Suarez dive or was he pushed? Share your opinion in the comments section below.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season