In the World Cup qualifier between rivals Uruguay and Argentina on Tuesday night, Uruguayan and Liverpool striker Luis Suarez was up to his old tricks again as he took a dive in the penalty area to earn a penalty kick for his national team.
After the referee awarded the penalty to Uruguay, up stepped Suarez to slot the ball into the back of the net.
Uruguay went on to win the match 3-2, but the result wasn’t enough to qualify automatically for the World Cup. Uruguay will now face Jordan in a two-legged playoff for a chance to play in the FIFA World Cup 2014 in Brazil.
What do you think? Was it a Suarez dive or was he pushed? Share your opinion in the comments section below.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family