Connect with us

General

FIFA 12 Shows How Cesc Fabregas Is So Much Better Than Park Ji-Sung

If you did a quick medal count between Cesc Fabregas and Park Ji-Sung, the difference is quite a relevation. Cesc’s only club honors for Arsenal are one FA Cup medal from 2004-05 and a Community Shield winner’s medal from 2004 (but that doesn’t really count, does it?). Park Ji-Sung, on the other hand, has won the following with Manchester United: four Premier League trophies, 3 League Cup winner’s medals, one Champions League winner’s medal, one FIFA World Club Cup and one Community Shield medal (although that is a token piece, in my opinion). That doesn’t account for his medals he won in Japan and in Europe for PSV Eindhoven.

However in a sneak preview of FIFA 12 (see above video), FIFA 12 Gameplay Producer Santiago Jaramillo explains how a player’s vision attributes will affect the game in FIFA 12 — and shows that winner’s medals aren’t everything. The example he provides shows the difference between Cesc Fabregas and Park Ji-Sung getting the ball. You would think in a video game that it wouldn’t make much of a difference, but you might be surprised by the results.

When FIFA 12 comes out, I know which midfielder I’ll be making sure plays in my team!

200+ Channels With Sports & News
  • Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
  • Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
  • Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
  • Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
  • Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
  • Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
  • Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
  • Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
  • Price: $4.99/mo
  • Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
  • Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
  • Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
  • Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
  • Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
41 Comments

41 Comments

1. arsenal dude

September 11, 2011 at 6:32 pm

fabregas is better hands down

2. Daniel

July 5, 2011 at 3:52 pm

Regarding the game:

this seems like a really cool feature, but one that affects how the AI will play against you; how does it help you playing, though? Does a players vision come into play at all when you’re controlling the player? Wouldn’t it depend entirely on your ability to see the player making the run?

In FIFA or PES there are some stats that obviously help you play better and some that are questionable: shot acc., acceleration, stamina, etc, but what about more computer-controlled skills? If a player is good at slide-tackling does that help me when I’m controlling every player when they tackle? Same with vision, aggression, and others.

I would love to hear how, if at all, these skills affect you since that’s what I really care about (although it would be fun to play against teams that seemed more or less calculating and able depending on their ability).

Anyone?

3. NotStupid

July 4, 2011 at 2:58 pm

Well yeah…Fabregas is a midfielder. But EA, do Ronaldo and Messi have better vision than XavI or Fabregas? No…but I’d say Park has the best vision as a winger.

4. Shinobi

July 4, 2011 at 9:35 am

I’ll preface this by saying I’m a Gooner, but here’s the truth: Fabregas is, at worst, the third best midfielder in the world. And the advantage the top two (Xavi and Inestia) have is that they play with each other. No one’s created more goal scoring chances the last five years, or has more assists. Check Opta stats sometime…it’s frankly scary how far ahead Cesc is in some categories. Even last season in an off year he was the EPL’s most productive midfielder by a street, and that’s despite scoring just three goals. Which is why I don’t get the Arsenal fans who just want to be rid of him, but that’s a subject for a different time.

And to say he hasn’t contributed for Spain…well, he did score a winning penalty kick in the shootout win over the (at the time) defending World Cup champions Italy at Euro ’08, then set up the World Cup winner last year. It’s simply bad luck that Cesc is stuck behind the only two midfielders that are better than him.

Now having said this, Park brings a completely different set of skills to the table that are just as valuable as part of the team construct. So comparing them head to head doesn’t make a lot of sense. Though I will say that finding a player with Cesc’s skill set is a lot harder than finding someone with Park’s skill set (which is why Barca’s price offering the last two summers has been a joke). Anyway, the video merely shows how much greater Cesc’s vision is than Park when it comes to passing…turning it into anything else is just silly fanboy hooey (though most of it is harmless and pretty amusing).

The irony of course is that Park is exactly the sort of player that my Arsenal needs, while Fabregas is exactly the sort of player that Man United needs. So while both sets of fans set to tear ’em the other guy down, the truth is that if they were offered to them they’d take ’em in a heartbeat. Man U in particularly with Fabregas at the helm would be a frightening proposition.

5. Peter

July 3, 2011 at 11:24 pm

Cesc, has better ball control, better vision to pass, and is deadly in terms of accuracy. Yes he has better touch and can see a better pass than most players. However I believe whoever is better in terms of positioning and ball passing is an understatement to compare Cesc and Jisung. Both come from completely different teams, and both have contributed so much to their own country and club. To think of it, Jisung has taken the Korean NT, to the round of 16 twice (once outside, and once in 2002, along with the many friendlies Korea has beaten w. Jisung.) You take a player like Cesc how much has contributed to Spain? Yes your right individually Cesc is amazing, but Park has been crucial to the growth of Korean futbol as well as Manchester United’s progression in the EPL. Think about it lads, two different players who have different contributions. Yeah you want the guy with the better technique, but that doesn’t mean he’s going to win you big games. Last time I checked, Park has more trophies than Cesc. Check your facts before you guys just watch silly youtube videos of skysports ‘showboat’ where you see Cesc come out every other week.

6. Ben

July 3, 2011 at 2:18 pm

Most people don’t judge players based on FIFA. (It’s a computer game).

• canyid

July 4, 2011 at 10:00 am

True. Now had it been Football Manager…

7. Thomas

July 2, 2011 at 11:51 pm

Haha what a silly argument all around.

One is a work horse, wide player, who contributes in little ways.

The other is a playmaker/central midfielder known for passing.

How can you really compare them?

8. lol

July 2, 2011 at 6:27 pm

just a thought but park and fabregas would make a deadly midfield combination. lol

9. The Messenger

July 2, 2011 at 6:21 pm

First of all, Park and Fabregas are too different players with different abilities. Fabregas is a creative midfielder and is there purely to create goal scoring opportunities from set pieces and from behind the strikers. Park is a player known for his work-rate and is there for the primary reason of breaking up play in the midfield area. That’s why SAF plays him in big games (to make sure top teams don’t gain momentum, because the best teams in Europe can do wonders with momentum). However, no person in their sound mind should disagree that Park excels at what he does more so than Fabregas. Given his age and the fact that he doesn’t get more playing time than Fabregas shows why “top teams” in Europe aren’t chasing him.

• hello

July 2, 2011 at 6:25 pm

you’re right mate. fabregas is well suited to more teams in europe than park is though, no question about that. but park is phenomenol in big games and no one can take that away. also, who was the man who passed the ball to chicharito in the last game against chelsea? park can be creative too….

• Nik Arur

July 2, 2011 at 6:34 pm

You are in fact agreeing with what I’m saying to a degree. I have been saying this time that Fabregas is known purely for his offensive creativity, whereas Park has more dimensions to his game. In short, Park can play good defensive football and score a few goals and contribute a few assists here and there, but in my opinion Fabregas can play great offensive football, but cannot contribute well defensively:

Fabregas is better with offensive football than Park
      Park is better with defensive football than Fabregas
      Park is better with offensive football than Fabregas is with defensive football.

This is why I think OVERALL, Park is a better player. If you asked me who I would rather have on my team as a creative midfielder with only goal-making in mind, I would obviously say Fabregas, but if you ask me who would I rather have as an overall midfielder taking into account all aspects of the game I would have to say Park. But again, this is simply my opinion, and I’m not trying to convince you but rather show you that there are merits to my argument. There’s no need to say things like I don’t have a sound mind simply for thinking differently.

Also I agree with you about the age, Fabregas has give or take 6 years left to ascend to his peak so he could very well develop his game much further.

10. Nik Arur

July 2, 2011 at 5:26 pm

It’s a simple matter of opinion, mate. Obviously you think Fabregas is a much better player, but don’t call people idiots for thinking differently. In my opinion, Fabregas is obviously much better when it comes to control, passing and set pieces, but in most other categories I’d give Park the edge. In my opinion and obviously the opinion of several others, Park has got a lot more dimensions to his game and is a lot more versatile, therefore I/we think he would be more valuable to a squad. If you think differently that’s your opinion, and plenty will share your opinion, but we’re not “idiots” for not agreeing with you.

• bluemoon70

July 2, 2011 at 5:33 pm

If you were offending by my calling certain posters “idiots” I’m sorry to offend. But that’s my opinion. Comparing a player who is being chased by the best team in the world (and now also Real Madrid) to one who was not even named to his own team’s substitutes bench of a Champions League final just 2 years ago is the definition of idiocy in my opinion.

• Nik Arur

July 2, 2011 at 6:13 pm

Like I said, obviously Fabregas is phenomenal at a few areas of the game that he specializes in: passing, ball control and set pieces. Barcelona’s “chasing” him because his style of play matches up with theirs, obviously since he came from Barcelona in the first place, and because they have a need at that creative, CM position (maybe not immediately, but Xavi is aging and Fabregas would be his long-term replacement). But in my opinion just because a club like Barca or Real Madrid is chasing a player doesn’t necessarily mean he’s on par with the quality that those clubs’ names carry. Real Madrid “chases” just about every young promising player out there in transfer windows.

Now in terms of Park vs. Fabregas, I restate my opinion that Park is much more well-rounded than Fabregas when you consider all the different parts of the game. Fabregas captains his club, but he hasn’t made more than 27 league appearances in any of the past seasons because of his injury troubles. In fact, he only makes an average of 10 appearances more than Park who, as you know, plays more of a bench role at United. Fabregas is a much better passer of the ball, and therefore gets a great number of assists, but if you were to compare their total appearances with their totals goals over the past few seasons, the ratios would be quite similar (barring the 2009/10 season, where Fabregas did really well in the category, credit to him). Park works much harder off the ball and on defense, marking all the way back when the opposition is in the attacking third while marauding all the way forward when United is. He’s a tireless athlete who simply won’t leave opposing midfielders alone when they have the ball. I simply don’t see this defensive dimension in Fabregas’ game.

When I take all aspects of the game into consideration, I’d prefer Park as a better overall player, while I’d prefer Fabregas in the areas he specializes in (obviously).

P.S. Yes, Park wasn’t on the squad against Barca two years ago, but perhaps SAF realized that mistake, seeing as he started this year? Obviously he didn’t help much during that game, all I’m saying is you can’t base a player’s talent on a managerial decision two years ago.

• bluemoon70

July 2, 2011 at 6:26 pm

I get your points. They are valid. I’d still take Cesc but Park is an exceptional player in his own right. I couldn’t resist the chance to poke the United fans a little though. Hee Hee.

• Nik Arur

July 2, 2011 at 6:36 pm

Haha thanks mate, all I wanted was to prove my argument had merit. And I agree, one can never resist poking fun at the other half of Manchester.

11. bluemoon70

July 2, 2011 at 5:13 pm

C’mon, people! You are really making fools of yourself if you are defending Park as a better player than Fabregas. On any list of top players in the Premier League Cesc is on it. Park is not. You can be a Man U fan or an Arsenal hater, whatever you want, but try not to look like idiots. I’m a City fan, obviously, and I really like Park. Wish we had him in the sky blue. But Fabregas is world class.

• jon

July 3, 2011 at 2:55 pm

Your proving their point though. If its so obvious, why make this article? Inferiority complex is the answer.

12. Abidoye

July 2, 2011 at 4:40 pm

Park is better dan fab in term of trople

13. tonyspeed

July 2, 2011 at 4:23 pm

Next time work on your injury map, your loyalty map, and your douche bag map. Then let’s compare.

• MrSimple

August 21, 2011 at 3:23 am

haha good one dude.yeah i’d choose PJS over fibreglass anyday.

14. jason

July 2, 2011 at 11:14 am

only fabregas’ vision and passing is better than park. park is better in most other ways

15. Johnny

July 2, 2011 at 11:09 am

Park, Park wherever you may be!!!

16. mu13

July 2, 2011 at 10:34 am

assnal killer! park all the way.

17. dream

July 2, 2011 at 10:32 am

way better than f-gas

18. 13

July 2, 2011 at 10:31 am

Park is better than fa-gus.

19. John

July 2, 2011 at 10:07 am

please, it is such an insault to Park.

20. gB

July 2, 2011 at 9:56 am

This site has gotta be an american one, they are the ones that usually post utter pointless articles

• The Gaffer

July 2, 2011 at 10:07 am

That has nothing to do with being American.

• Troy

July 2, 2011 at 2:54 pm

Obvious troll is obvious.

21. HashGun

July 2, 2011 at 9:24 am

I find it startling how PJS proponents try justify that you can actually compare Cesc and PJS! Hilarious really! From a connoisseur’s point of view, it really should be an honour should PJS be appointed as ‘kit man’ for Cesc. You just cannot compare! The divide is immeasurable! This is really a cheese and chalk exercise!

22. Sean

July 2, 2011 at 8:48 am

Did anyone seriously think that Park Ji-Sung was better than Cesc Fabregas?

Yes, there are some things Park Ji-Sung does better but, on the whole, which player would you rather have in your side?

Moreover, I do not even know why medals come into play here. By that logic Robert Horry was a significantly better basketball player than Larry Bird since Horry has seven rings and Bird only has three.

Last I checked, this was a team sport.

• Nik Arur

July 2, 2011 at 9:42 am

I would absolutely rather have Park…..better work rate, much better defensively, doesn’t get injured every five matches like Fibreglass does, doesn’t complain about wanting to leave the club every five matches like Fibreglass does. So yes.

• john

July 2, 2011 at 10:47 am

couldn’t agree more!

• Gibrail Chairy

July 2, 2011 at 1:03 pm

yeahhh.. definitely agree with u mate..
        i don’t think so that fabregas can keep run n run just like park ji sung done..
        n one more things.. fabregas didn’t eat frog soup just like ji sung park..
        yeahhh.. power oh asia..

• MrSimple

August 21, 2011 at 3:24 am

True dat!

23. Roman

July 2, 2011 at 8:32 am

Just one question to Gameplay Producer of FIFA12: How many goals Sesc scores against Man Utd and how many goals Park Ji-Sung score against Arsenal? At least this is real difference in visions…))))))

24. mlody.gryzek

July 2, 2011 at 7:36 am

Definitely attributes in FIFA 12 ARE the proof that Cesc IS better than Park ;].
    Come on, I guess everyone knows that Fabregas’ vision is better than Ji-Sung’s, but the statement is ridiculous.

25. Nik Arur

July 2, 2011 at 7:09 am

Wouldn’t say Cesc is “so much better”. At passing, yes, but there are plenty of things that Park is much better at.

26. Harris

July 2, 2011 at 5:51 am

YES!!!!!!!!! ARSENAL ARE THE BEST ON THE VIDEO GAME!!! GET IN!!! I KNEW WE COULD WIN SOMETHING!! TROPHY PARADE ANYONE?