Please come join me beginning around 3:15 PM ET/19:15 GMT as we live blog during two crucial Champions League matches.
Tottenham v. Inter Milan:
After giving up a 4-0 lead at the San Siro against Inter, Spurs rebounded with a Gareth Bale hat trick in the second half, leading many Spurs fans to believe that they could easily get revenge against Rafa Benitez’s crew when they came to White Hart Lane. In what shapes up to be a crucial match for qualification to the next round of the Champions League, the newcomers to the competition desperately need to get a result at home against Spurs. But…they are Spurs, so they will find a way to blow this. Meanwhile, on the other side, is it just a matter of time before Inter bid on Gareth Bale? The Welsh winger has been incredible this season, demolishing all opposition (though his tracking back has still been a bit suspect). Also, Inter will hope upon hope that Maicon doesn’t have as disastrous of a performance as he did in the second half.
Key to the game: Spurs need to settle in early. Finding themselves down early again would be the worst possible thing for them. A loss in this match might find them on the outside looking in of the knockout stage, with the upcoming game with Bremen looming large.
Prediction: Spurs, 3-1.
Bursaspor v. Manchester United.
Preview: The other important game today involves Manchester United playing at the Turkish Champions. The Turks dropped their appearance at Old Trafford, 1-0. However, this game was shortly after the news that Wayne Rooney decided he wanted to leave Man U dropped. The only strike in that game came from Nani. Meanwhile, Manchester United could win their their group today, but a trip to Turkey is never easy, especially when players like Rio Ferdinand don’t make the trip, and Bursaspor will be looking to get a result at home.
Prediction: Draw, 1-1.
Up until 3:15, please enter your thoughts/predictions/comments in the comments section. And, of course enter Live Blog here at that time.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family