After winning the scudetto, the Inter Milan players decided to celebrate in the 2010/2011 away shirt, giving a sneak peek of the new shirt by Nike much to the joy of the Inter supporters. On the Inter Milan site it says that the away shirt will be available monday May 17th (tomorrow) in all Nike stores, specialized resellers, and at www.nikefootball.com.
The design of the shirt is very much based around “Il Biscione”, or the big snake, one of Inter Milan’s main symbols. It is represented along the left side crawling up the waist up to the left shoulder where the head resides. “Il Biscione” was interpreted with a modern look created through the graffiti or tattoo like representation of the historical snake. The rest of the shirt is relatively straightforward, white base with the “Pirelli” sponsor logo in black. The Nike swoosh is blue on the right side and the Inter Milan crest is on the left side. The design will appeal to some, but others may find it strange and maybe ugly.
While the design is something new, it’s not the only thing that has changed, Nike has now introduced low environmental impact shirts which are completely made with recycled polyester, obtained from the plastic of 8 water bottles. This not only helps reduce environmental impact, but it also cuts energy consumption by up to 30%. The Nike dri-fit fabric is now 13% lighter than the previous edition and allows for sweat to rapidly evaporate and keep the players dry along with ventilation areas along the side of the shirt and near the waist keep the players cool.
What do you think about the new shirt? Love or hate the design? What do you think about the technological advancements regarding the shirt? Be sure to comment below.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family