Connect with us

General

Thanks For Supporting EPL Talk

epl-talk-medium-logoIt’s been a good week for EPL Talk. In the past few days, we’ve been mentioned in USA Today, Yahoo Sports, Sports Illustrated, NBC Sports and print newspapers across the United States after we broke the story regarding Fox Soccer Channel in talks to acquire Setanta Sports US.

For us at EPL Talk, it’s another example of what we’ve been doing since 2005 which is covering the experience of watching the Premier League – whether it’s on television, Internet, on mobile devices or, for you lucky b**tards, seeing the matches in person.

Behind-the-scenes, we’ve got a couple of major new projects we’re working on in the lead-up to the 2010 World Cup which you will definitely enjoy. But in the meantime, I wanted to make you aware of three important news items:

1. EPL Talk has been nominated for a Shorty Award, which highlights the best in short-content (i.e. microblogging platforms such as Twitter). If you enjoy EPL Talk (either online or on Twitter, or both), please take 30 seconds and vote for EPL Talk today at http://shortyawards.com/category/sports
  2. EPL Talk has relaunched its forums (i.e. message boards), which are now accessible at http://epltalk.ning.com (or you can just click on the ‘Forums‘ link at the top of this page). But it’s not just forums. You can interact with other readers of this blog, write your own articles, upload photographs and much much more.
  3. EPL Talk is now accepting article submissions. If you have an opinion you want to share or if you think you can do better than some of our EPL Talk writers, get published today by sending your article to EPL Talk. Find out more information at http://epltalk.com/get-published

Thanks for your loyalty and support, and here’s to 2010 being the best year ever for Premier League and England coverage on EPL Talk.

200+ Channels With Sports & News
  • Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
  • Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
  • Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
  • Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
  • Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
  • Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
  • Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more

8 Comments

1. Jon Doe

January 11, 2010 at 9:56 am

Paul Bestall is god!

2. Jason

January 10, 2010 at 8:24 pm

You broke a story that was being discussed at the FulhamUSA.com forums before you ever posted anything, so don’t pay yourself too hard on the back.

• The Gaffer

January 10, 2010 at 8:54 pm

Jason, this is the first I’m hearing of the FulhamUSA.com forum posts. After you just posted this a few minutes ago, I took a look at their site and I see a forum post from earlier on 1/4/10 (the forum post is at http://tinyurl.com/ybycnwm). Yes, they indicated that the Premier League games had been removed from the Setanta website.

However what they didn’t reveal was why the games were removed, and it was later on that same afternoon that I posted the scoop that the reason the games had been removed was because Fox was in talks to acquire Setanta.

Later that afternoon, that same FulhamUSA.com forum thread revealed the breaking news at http://tinyurl.com/yafaztj

I don’t think I ever posted that I had the scoop on the Premier League schedule being removed from the Setanta website, but I did have the scoop on the news that Fox was in talks to acquire Setanta.

I just want to set the record straight.

3. Simon Burke

January 10, 2010 at 6:39 pm

Cheers Gaffer, this is definitely one of my must use sites as who else accurately provides me with media information concerning football in the US. You provide a great service.

4. Ken

January 10, 2010 at 5:17 pm

I’ve been on Internet Forums since the very first one, and in my experience, ning software is easily the worst discussion software ever created.
    Sorry – I do like EPL Talk – but ning is simply horrible.

5. eplnfl

January 10, 2010 at 3:31 pm

I’ve been coming by from the start and it only gets bigger and better. Thanks for getting the forum back up and I’m doing my best to add topics.

6. Joel

January 10, 2010 at 2:44 pm

I know I’m glad I started subscribing to the EPL talk feed. Great site, Gaffer!