- I’ve been emailed that many of you have been unable to find recent editions of the American Soccer Show on ITunes. While we are on a several week break and will resume the show around New Years, the most recent shows I have been told are not on ITunes. To get the November 19th and 26th editions of the show please visit csrnusa.com and visit the on demand player. On the Nov. 26th show Dave and I announce that we will be taking a break for the next month.
- According to Steve Goff of the Washington Post, Bobby Convey’s career at Reading is about to be over. It couldn’t happen soon enough. Since arriving at Reading after he wad denied a work permit to play for Spurs, we’ve seen Convey’s confidence erode and eventually his attitude go south. In addition he has almost constantly been injured. With young left footed options like Jose Francisco Torres and Colin Clarke emerging in the midfield Convey’s time to even be considered for the national team is running out unless he moves.
- Joe Cannon’s saga for me is fascinating. He left San Jose once already to go to Europe because MLS would not pay him his market value. That appears to be about to happen again. If I am not mistaken, Cannon would be the first player to leave MLS once, eventually come back to the same club (albeit under different ownership) and then leave again. Talk about being a nomad!
- I will wait until the final MLS Schedule is released before commenting completely, but I am troubled that the league has scheduled a full slate of games the same weekend as a US qualifier. Now not only does this create logistic and scheduling problems for players, but MLS TV ratings already poor I assume are even poorer when competing with US National Team games.
- My friend Brian Quarstad has penned an outstanding piece on the current issues facing the USL. Check it out here.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- USA England World Cup tickets going fast
- A Review of ‘A Woman’s Game’ book by Suzanne Wrack
- Qatar warns against unauthorised use of World Cup logo on car plates
- Where to find Avaí vs. Palmeiras on US TV
- Where to find Atlas vs. Cruz Azul on US TV
- Where to find Philadelphia Union vs. NYCFC on US TV
- Bale confirms MLS move to Los Angeles FC
- Bale heading to MLS with LAFC move: reports
- Where to find Austin FC vs. FC Dallas on US TV
- Nominate best soccer coverage across video, audio & written word