Wolves kept up their hot start to the season with a 2-0 win against Bristol City Saturday. Michael Knightly and Sylvan Ebanks-Blake found the net for Wolves and added another three points to the early promotion contenders tally. Birmingham kept pace with a 2-1 victory over Cardiff with James McFadden and Owusu-Abeyie Quincy scoring for the Blues, Ross McCormack got one back for Cardiff but it was Birmingham who walked away with a vital three points.
Reading took Swansea City to task winning 4-0 at the Madjeski with Noel Hunt, Stephen Hunt and Kevin Doyle (x2) finding the net for the Royals. This solidified 3rd place for Reading who are looking to bounce straight back into the BPL. Preston lost ground on the top two with a 3-1 defeat at Burnley. Gudjonsson, Eagles, and Caldwell did the damage for Burnely which moved them into 8th position. QPR also lost ground and thier 100% home record losing to resurgent Derby County 2-0 at Loftus Road. Martin Albreachtsen and Tito Villa provided the goals for Derby.
Barnsley and Norwich played to a 0-0 draw at the Oakwell Stadium. Likewise Blackpool and Coventry played a 1-1 draw with Burgess for Blackpool and Eastwood equalizing for Coventry. Charlton’s promotion bid took a hit with a 2-1 loss to Sheffield Wednesday at The Valley. Charlton drop to 14th while Sheffield Wednesday are up to 9th and only out of the playoff spots due to goal difference. Southampton climbed out of the relegation zone with a 2-0 win over Doncaster at Keepmoat Stadium. An own goal by Matthew Mills and a penalty conversion by Andrew Surman gave the Saints a valuable three points and put Doncaster just above the relegation zone. Nottingham Forest’s poor run of form continued with a 1-0 defeat thanks to Preston at Home Park. The loss has Nottingham Forest at the foot of the Championhship table. Watfords poor start to the season got worse with a 2-1 defeat to Sheffield United that left Watford very close to the drop zone. In the late match of the day, Ispwich and Crystal Palace played a 1-1 draw that saw Palace stay in the drop zone and Ipswich move into mid-table safety.
The Championship resumes play this Tuesday with a host of fixtures. Will Wolves and Birmingham keep up there dominant start to the season? Can Derby keep thier undefeated streak alive, will Forest ever win again?
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- What is the best soccer stadium in the world?
- Where to find Santos vs. Flamengo on US TV
- Where to find Fluminense vs. Corinthians on US TV
- Romelu Lukaku homecoming provides opportunity at Inter Milan
- Wimbledon, Tour, cricket and rugby find Covid still in the air
- Maldini signs new two-year director deal with AC Milan
- Sampaoli leaves Marseille amid differences with club bosses
- Best still to come from ‘legend’ Salah after signing new Liverpool deal
- Salah ends speculation by signing new Liverpool contract
- Sampaoli leaves Marseille speaking of differences with club bosses