Connect with us

General

Is ITVN in Serious Financial Trouble?

itvn-logo.jpgITVN, the company that provides Setanta Sports via an IPTV set-top box to subscribers in the United States, appears to be in serious trouble.

In what is typically a bad sign in business, ITVN is no longer accepting new subscribers. According to ITVN, “[we are] currently going through a corporate reorganization and we are no longer accepting new subscribers while we focus on our current subscribers.”

ITVN has also closed down its message board and intends on “switching to an email only system.” The ITVN Forums will “no longer [be] a method to reach customer service.”

EPL Talk has received several complaints from ITVN subscribers recently regarding poor quality of the Setanta Sports signal. Oftentimes, the stream didn’t work or worked very poorly.

In October 2007, EPL Talk reported how ITVN subscribers received terrible picture quality during the Merseyside derby.

If you’re an ITVN subscriber and you want to continue watching Setanta Sports and you live in the United States, you have three alternatives if you no longer want to continue being an ITVN customer:

1. Dish Network.
  2. DirecTV.
  3. Setanta Broadband.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
  • Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
  • Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
  • Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
  • Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
  • Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
  • Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
  • Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
  • Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
  • Price: $4.99/mo
  • Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
  • Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
  • Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
  • Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
  • Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
13 Comments

13 Comments

1. kartinkinastol

April 3, 2009 at 8:41 am

Looks good! Very usefulGood resources here. Thanks much!

2. Todd Hillier

April 17, 2008 at 8:55 am

The same thing happened to me. I got the e-mail from Setanta, I canceled ITVN, then the double-charged me. My CC company is telling me to file a dispute letter to get the charge removed.

3. John P

April 11, 2008 at 9:04 am

Yup…same here..not only on March 2nd, but again twice on Apr. 2nd.

I sent them an email March 11th to tell them about the double billing and at the same time, requested to cancel my sub, but they STILL double charged me again this month.

I then called my VISA customer service today and they agreed to dispute the charges. ie. I won’t have to pay for 3 or the 4. Since I cancelled on March 11th, I’m only obligated to pay one of those 2 charges on March 2nd.

Just make sure you have a copy of the email you sent when you requested cancellation of your sub.

It usually takes anywhere from 3-6 weeks to reverse the charges on your statement but you won’t be charged any interest. Also, the CSR told me to keep watching my statement for a few months.

Call you credit card company people before these a-holes start thinking they can mess with us!

4. Michael M

April 8, 2008 at 9:50 pm

I just received my credit card bill and I was charged $14.95 twice in the same day! Anyone know how to cancel this service?

5. Matthew C

April 4, 2008 at 8:13 am

What is the email address to cancel ITVN, they have charged my account twice in the past 2 months. Help!

6. Yosi

March 22, 2008 at 4:26 pm

Please! anyone have any idea of how to stop ITVN from charging my CC?
    I filled the on-line contact form asking to cancel my account. No respond from ITVN except I got charged twice (on the same day) this month.

Thanks for any help.

7. Pingback: ITVN and Setanta: Service Comes to an End | EPL Talk

8. Satellite Deals

February 28, 2008 at 9:02 pm

I am actually an affiliate of ITVN and they owe me over $6000. Their phone is cut off, my lawyer fedexed a letter to their office and the office is closed…it doesn’t look good…

9. Dave M

February 15, 2008 at 9:51 am

This quote from AFANA web site (Austrailian Football Assoc of No. America):
    =====
    AFANA has been monitoring the situation with ITVN closely. They remain “on the net” (or “on the air” if you will) and the Setanta feed continues however ITVN is no longer taking any new subscribers. Until recently, we had been able to maintain an e-mail dialogue with them and felt assurred that the “reorganization” meant they might survive. However, it’s now been some weeks since we have heard anything and they have not indicated whether the funds owed AFANA will be paid soon, if at all. Accordingly, if we don’t hear from them shortly we will be disabling the links to them until such time as the situation changes.
    =====
    …since it’s not a midweek game kind of week (Champions Leage, Carling Cup, etc), I haven’t even turned the box on – and won’t until the weekend. But they did just bill me on 2/12 so hopefully they’re still functioning.

10. Todd

February 15, 2008 at 3:06 am

i ran away quickly too but they stopped answering the phones, so just email your desire to cancel service, and they usually do that within a couple of days. setanta broadband is fine, i just miss having it on my TV.

11. Eric

February 15, 2008 at 12:47 am

FWIW, World Soccer Daily’s Steven Cohen said on his show the other day that ITVN is out of business and apologized to those who have encountered problems with them.

12. Robert Belcher

February 14, 2008 at 7:23 pm

I checked my CC charges online and noticed ITVN had charged it once on 01/31 and again on 02/01 for my Setanta subscription. Others might want to check their CC charges.

13. Jason Rakowski

February 14, 2008 at 6:42 pm

I found your site on technorati and read a few of your other posts. Keep up the good work. I just added your RSS feed to my Google News Reader. Looking forward to reading more from you.

Jason Rakowski