Eddie Lewis who injured himself for Derby County this weekend while misplaying a shot off the goal line has been replaced on the national team squad list for Saturday’s game versus South Africa by Heath Pearce of Hansa Rostock. Also, Jonathan Spector who started for West Ham versus Lewis’ Derby County team has been called in to camp as well.
UPDATE: It is now being reported that Bill Davies Derby’s manager pulled Lewis out of the US Squad because he think the plane trip and travel could adversely affect Lewis who unlike Benny Feilhaber (who is still in the squad) plays regularly for Derby County. My question is this: Did US Soccer and/or Bob Bradley speak to Davies before selecting the squad or did they just randomly select players without getting clearance from the clubs?
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season