England’s next match is November 15th in a friendly against the Netherlands, and it’s a perfect opportunity for Steve McClaren to regain the confidence of England fans and determine which players need to be on the teamsheet for their next Euro 2008 qualifying match on March 24, 2007.
It’ll be a perfect opportunity to test new systems and players. Here’s who I would pick:
Neville, Ferdinand, Terry, Bridge
Agbonlahor, Gerrard, Hargreaves, J. Cole
Robinson needs to play again to regain his confidence. The only change in the back four I would make is to drop the ineffective Ashley Cole. In midfield, I would give Aston Villa’s Gabriel Agbonlahor (pictured above) his national debut to add width to the England side, with Gerrard in the middle along with the holding midfielder Hargreaves (if fit), and Joe Cole to add a different dimension down the left wing.
Up front, it’s Arsenal’s Theo Walcott to add speed and unpredictability to England’s attack, and Andrew Johnson to rip the Dutch defense apart.
If you were Steve McClaren, what team would you pick against Holland?
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Who is the greatest soccer player of all time?
- Spurs make £150m investment as Conte eyes transfer splash
- Real Madrid will keep winning without Mbappe, says Casemiro
- New CEO aims to make Bundesliga world’s ‘most digital league’
- UK government in talks with ‘international partners’ over Chelsea sale
- West Ham’s Bowen named in England squad for Nations League
- Bayern sign right-back Mazraoui from Ajax
- BBC apologises to fans after ‘Manchester United are rubbish’ gaffe
- Former Bayern boss Kovac to coach Wolfsburg
- Ancelotti ‘respects’ Mbappe decision, says Real Madrid focused on final