How to watch Liga MX on US TV
If you’re trying to find where to watch Liga MX on US TV, you’ve come to the right place.
Out of all of the soccer leagues shown on US television, Liga MX has the greatest number of viewers each week. There are three reasons the top-flight Mexican league has proven so popular. First, the large number of Mexican-Americans and Mexicans living in the United States. Second, many of the major games are featured on the over-the-air Univision network, which makes the league more accessible than others. And third and finally, Liga MX is an entertaining league to watch.
Where to watch Liga MX on US TV
To find Liga MX games on US television, the matches are spread across a number of networks: FS1, FS2, FOX Deportes, Univision, UniMas, Telemundo, Universo, TUDN, ESPN Deportes and ESPN+.
Watch Mexican soccer
Includes: Liga MX, Premier League + 84 Sports Channels
|7-Day Free Trial|
It can be a bit confusing, but there are typically 1-2 matches played on a Friday night followed by the majority of the games on Saturdays. Univision/TUDN features 6 hours of live Liga MX games every Saturday night in primetime. The three back-to-back-to-back matches are shown live on television.
On Sundays, there are typically 2-3 games televised.
FOX Deportes and FOX Sports share the rights with ESPN Deportes and ESPN+ for home games featuring Monterrey, Santos Laguna and Club Tijuana.
Telemundo Deportes have the English-language and Spanish-language rights to Chivas home games.
Liga MX splits into two halves of a season — an Apertura (opening half of the season) and a Clausura (closing half of the season). The Apertura starts in the summer, while the Clausura starts in the winter. At the close of both the Apertura and Clausura seasons, the 8 best placed teams compete in a playoff called a liguilla to determine the champion of that half of the season. Thus, Liga MX has two champions each year — an Apertura liguilla playoff winner as well as a Clausura liguilla playoff champion.
Courtesy of World Soccer Talk, download a complimentary copy of The Ultimate Soccer TV And Streaming Guide, which features details on where to watch all of the leagues from around the world on US TV and streaming.
TUDN, FOX Deportes, FS1, FS2, ESPN Deportes and Galavision televise COPA MX, Mexico’s cup competition, weeknights.
Liga MX Streaming
Last but not least, the Supercopa MX tournament features the winners of the Apertura and Clausura Copa MX. The winners qualify as Mexico’s third berth into the following year’s Copa Libertadores, entering in the first stage of the tournament. Many of the Supercopa MX matches are shown across TUDN and Univision.
Online, Liga MX, Copa MX and Supercopa MX games feature online across a myriad of sites. Univision, UniMas and TUDN matches stream on fuboTV, Sling TV and Univision Now. ESPN Deportes and ESPN3 games appear on Sling Orange. Also, Galavision games find a spot on fuboTV.
Your best bet is fuboTV, which includes access to all of the Univision channels so you have access to every single game.
When it comes to TV broadcasters acquiring rights to Liga MX, it works differently than other leagues in other countries. Rights to home games sell on a club-by-club basis. Each club negotiates individual deals with local broadcasters, in several deals that range from $2 million per season for smaller teams to $15 million per season for one of the most popular teams such as Club América.
If you have questions about where to watch Liga MX on US TV, please let us know in the comments section below.
Guides on how to watch leagues
- Austrian Bundesliga
- Champions League
- Copa America
- Copa Libertadores
- Europa League
- FA Cup
- Gold Cup
- League Cup
- Liga MX
- Ligue 1
- Premier League
- Primeira Liga
- Serie A
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Liverpool fans confident Reds will bounce back after Champions League setback
- Salah’s Egyptian fans share in his Champions League misery
- UEFA blames ‘fake tickets’ for Champions League final delay
- Courtois earns respect with heroics to thwart Liverpool in Champions League final
- Liverpool will ‘come again’ after anticlimactic end to stellar season
- ‘I can’t do much more’ to win Ballon d’Or – Benzema
- Families of Liverpool staff caught up in Champions League final chaos – Klopp
- ‘Fake tickets’ to blame for Champions League final delay, UEFA say
- Real Madrid win Champions League; Ancelotti breaks record
- Ancelotti keeps calm amid the storm to make Real Madrid champions again