ALL POSTS TAGGED "American Ownership"


/ 15 days ago

Bournemouth owner Bill Foley sees Europe in club's future

Bournemouth owner Bill Foley wants to bring Bournemouth into competition across Europe. The Cherries have never played in European competition. They only played their first season of top-flight soccer in the 2015/16 season. However, that is not stopping the ambition of the American Foley, who took over at the club in December 2022. He called […]

Birmingham City

/ 22 days ago

American businessman buys 45% stake in Birmingham City

Tom Wagner, an American hedge fund manager agreed to buy 45.64% of Birmingham City under his group Shelby Companies Limited. For reference, 24% of those shares come from Birmingham Sports Holdings Limited. The other 21.64% is from Oriental Rainbow Investments and Achiever Global Group. As a result, Wagner also takes full control of the club's […]

Huddersfield Town

/ 68 days ago

American ownership group takes over Huddersfield Town

Huddersfield Town has become the latest English club to be owned by an American group. Half of all Premier League teams currently have ownership ties to the United States. The Athletic also recently reported that nearly 30% of English Football League (EFL) clubs have American investors. Huddersfield have been a mess during the current campaign. […]


/ 71 days ago

NY Cosmos owner Rocco Commisso profiled on 60 Minutes

Rocco Commisso, owner of both the New York Cosmos and Serie A side Fiorentina, had an entire segment on CBS's 60 Minutes this week. The Italian immigrant to the United States purchased both clubs after amassing a net worth over $8 billion. Commisso, as detailed in the profile, is one of the most famous American […]

Crystal Palace

/ 126 days ago

Glazers could stay at Man United as majority owners

The Glazers could end up remaining with Manchester United as majority owners despite putting the club up for sale. David Blitzer and Joshua Harris are supposedly interested in a minority stake in the club. Daily Mail reports that the Americans are considering making a bid soon. This would keep the Glazers on as majority owners. […]

Americans Abroad

/ 161 days ago

US investor takes over Olympique Lyonnais

US investor John Textor completed a takeover at Olympique Lyonnais. Textor previously purchased a minority stake in the French club this past summer. However, further investment has taken the businessman's holdings in the team from 40% to 78%. This means that he now has control at the club. Financial Times is reporting that the deal […]


/ 168 days ago

Bournemouth becomes 10th US-owned Premier League club

Bournemouth is the newest club to be a part of the US-owned teams in the Premier League American businessman Bill Foley has finally completed his takeover of Bournemouth. The 77-year-old Las Vegas Golden Knights owner was previously in talks with the Premier League club for months. Foley's group, which also includes actor Michael B. Jordan, […]

Leagues: Ligue Un

/ 188 days ago

Report suggests American investment fund eyeing PSG minority stake

A report out of France has suggested that an American investment fund is interested in purchasing a portion of Paris Saint-Germain, or simply PSG. L'Equipe is claiming that the investors could buy up to a 15% stake in the Ligue 1 champions. The French outlet has not revealed any names of the potential investors. However, […]

Leagues: EPL

/ 201 days ago

San Francisco 49ers seeking total ownership of Leeds United

It seems as if Leeds United could be set for a new majority owner, an American group. Currently, Aser Ventures, led by Andrea Radrizzani, owns 56% of the West Yorkshire club. American business group 49ers Enterprises hold the remaining 44% of shares. The Times, however, reports 49ers Enterprises is making the necessary moves for a […]

Americans Abroad

/ 617 days ago

Ascoli adds to trend of Americans investing in global game

Ascoli FC may not be known to much of the soccer world. The Serie B side played below Italy's top flight since their relegation in 2007. However, the club is engrained in the history of Italian soccer. In fact, Ascoli is the fourth-oldest club in all of Italian soccer. The club started in 1898, and […]