Viewers in the United States and around the world were upset this weekend after the scheduled clash between Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid was not shown on TV. In the United States, GolTV showed the Bayern Munich against Hannover match instead of the Madrid derby.
The reason the Madrid derby wasn’t shown worldwide was due to a dispute between Audiovisual Sport and Mediapro in Spain. According to The Guardian newspaper, Audiovisual believes it is owed $80 million from Mediapro from last season.
With that amount of money in dispute, it may take quite some time before viewers are ensured they won’t miss any matches. Complicating the matters is the story that Audiovisual is planning on suing Mediapro. Let’s hope this unfortunate disagreement is resolved as soon as possible so we don’t miss out on La Liga.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $5.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo