Today, World Soccer Talk® has been acquired by Playmaker Capital Inc., a media company with headquarters in Toronto, Canada.
Under the terms of the deal, Playmaker has acquired 100% of the digital assets of World Soccer Talk, a U.S.-based, soccer-focused media business that provides breaking news, deep analysis, and broadcast and streaming information related to soccer events, leagues, and clubs globally.
“Soccer is on the rise in the U.S. and Canada, and Playmaker is focused on becoming the preeminent voice for the sport across the Americas, from the top of Canada to the bottom of Argentina”, said Jordan Gnat, Playmaker CEO. “World Soccer Talk Founder, Christopher Harris, exudes a true passion for sport that’s shared by the entire Playmaker team, and we’re excited to welcome him and World Soccer Talk into our family and our ecosystem as a core piece of a broader soccer strategy in advance of World Cups 2022, 2023 and 2026.”
World Soccer Talk’s domain authority for “where-to-watch” content makes it a popular and trusted source for soccer related information as well as an invaluable affiliate partner to sports streaming services. Affiliate advertising, the practice of delivering users to advertisers and sponsors and receiving a fee for users that convert to subscribers or one-time customers, is a vertical that Playmaker has sought to further activate across its myriad platforms. World Soccer Talk’s specialty in affiliate revenue generation will diversify Playmaker’s revenue streams and enhance user experience through exclusive and relevant promotions from the world’s leading brands and sports betting operators.
For more details about the announcement, see the official press release.
World Soccer Talk® is the leading media company for U.S. viewers delivering the most comprehensive world soccer TV & streaming schedules combined with the latest soccer news and information. Launched in 2005, World Soccer Talk has served more than 46 million soccer fans generating more than 12 million page views per year. The company offerings include daily, up-to-date schedules, a news site, a weekly soccer news podcast, an app available for Android and Apple, daily newsletters and downloadable TV guides and eBooks.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
- Includes USA, NBC, FOX, FS1 + more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- ‘Game-changer’ Bynoe-Gittens propels Dortmund to comeback win over Freiburg
- Osasuna stun Sevilla in Liga opener
- Ismaily strikes late to rescue Ligue 1 draw for Lille
- Barcelona finally register Lewandowski on eve of new season
- English teen Bynoe-Gittens propels Dortmund to 3-1 comeback win over Freiburg
- Willian leaves Corinthians following death threats
- Seven-time winner Messi misses out on Ballon d’Or nomination
- EPL commentators on NBC: August 13 to 15
- Rush from potential tenants for Cruyff’s boyhood home
- Tottenham boss Conte relishing heated Chelsea challenge