London (AFP) – Portugal winger Pedro Neto celebrated his 22nd birthday on Wednesday by signing a new long-term contract at Wolves, committing himself to the Premier League club until 2027.
Neto joined Wolves in 2019 from Italian club Lazio and has scored 10 times in 83 games in all competitions for club.
He made his first start of the season in the defeat to Crystal Palace last weekend following a long stint on the sidelines because of injury.
Wolves technical director Scott Sellars told the club’s website: “It’s a deserved reward for him. He’s returned from injury and put in a lot of hard work to get back, so it’s good for all parties.”
Neto was named Wolves’ player of the season in 2020/21 but a knee injury curtailed his campaign in April.
Sellars added: “It was difficult for him, he had a setback along the way, but as Pedro always does, he got his head down and worked hard with a smile on his face.
“He’s committed to being the best he can be and that shows with how quickly he’s got back into his groove, but we think there’s a lot more to come.”
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season