London (AFP) – Kieran Trippier has been ruled out of Newcastle’s “upcoming fixtures” after fracturing a bone in his foot during a 1-0 win over Aston Villa at the weekend, the club said on Monday.
The England full-back has been impressive for Eddie Howe’s side since joining the Magpies from Atletico Madrid in the January transfer window, scoring twice in a three-match winning run that has lifted them out of the relegation zone.
The 31-year-old, who scored from a free-kick in the first half at St James’ Park on Sunday, was substituted shortly after half time after picking up the injury.
“Trippier underwent an X-ray immediately after the game and scans have shown a fracture to the fifth metatarsal bone in his left foot,” Newcastle said in a statement.
The club’s recent good run has lifted them one place clear of the drop zone, four points ahead of 18th-placed Norwich.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Tuchel tells Chelsea to prepare for ‘rebuilding’ to keep up with rivals
- Charlotte vs Chelsea tickets on sale for July 20 clash
- ‘Uncomfortable’ Magath plots against old club Hamburg in play-off
- Senegal probing feared homophobic attack by mob
- Lampard warns Everton against treating Palace clash as ‘all-or-nothing’ game
- ‘Historic’ equal pay deal for US men and women soccer teams
- PSG’s Gueye asked to explain absence after homophobia accusations
- Europa League Final on TV: Rangers vs. Frankfurt details
- Liverpool’s Klopp has ‘no reason’ to talk to Gerrard before title climax
- Where to find Rangers vs. Frankfurt Europa League Final TV