Paramount+ has made an important change to its streaming service. Have no fear, the ViacomCBS-owned company isn’t changing the name of their service again, but just the tiers of their plans, adding a new low-priced $4.99/month option called the Essential Plan.
Previously, Paramount+ had two separate options depending on whether consumers decide wanted advertising or not. Their $5.99 per month Basic Plan included limited commercials, while their $9.99 monthly (or $100 annually) Premium Plan was mostly ad-free.
Beginning June 7, the new Paramount+ Essential plan will only cost $4.99 per month or $50 annually. The biggest difference between the older $5.99/month plan and the new $4.99/month Paramount+ Essential is the fact that local CBS stations will no longer be included in Paramount+ Essential.
Existing customers with the older $5.99 monthly plan can choose to remain on that plan to have access to their local CBS channel. If users have the ability to watch their local CBS channel on another streaming service or antenna, then switching to the new Paramount+ Essential would make more sense. However, all brand-new customers will have to choose between Paramount+ Essential and the Premium Plan.
Paramount+ Essential will provide access to 30,000+ TV episodes and movies (with limited commercials), NFL, Champions League, and Europa League games, and 24/7 national news with CBSN.
For soccer fans, Paramount+ certainly has a lot to offer. The streaming service currently holds the U.S. English language rights to the UEFA Champions League, Europa League, NWSL, CONCACAF (including World Cup qualifiers), Brasileirāo, Argentine Primera División, and Copa de la Liga Profesional.
Beginning August 2021, Paramount+ will have the exclusive rights to Serie A from the 2021/22 through 2023/24 seasons, plus Coppa Italia and Supercoppa Italiana. The Supercopa Argentina will also be available to stream on Paramount+ starting in 2022.
Although the $10 monthly Paramount+ Premium plan claims to have “more live CBS Sports” than the lower tier option, all live soccer will be available on the new Paramount+ Essential plan. All new customers can try a week of Paramount+ for free.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
- Includes USA, NBC, FOX, FS1 + more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Tuchel and Conte charged after Battle of the Bridge
- Man City’s Mendy was ‘predator’ pursuing women, rape trial hears
- New Brentford book captures heart of club: Just a Bus Stop in Hounslow
- Spurs midfielder Lo Celso joins Villarreal on loan
- African players in Europe: Dream home debut for Awoniyi
- Where to find Juventus vs. Sassuolo on US TV
- Where to find Liverpool vs. Crystal Palace on US TV
- Famous clubs battle for Champions League group slots
- Alaba free-kick gives Real Madrid win to start title defence
- Roma squeeze past Salernitana, Immobile fires Lazio to Bologna win