Part of the culture of being a soccer fan is immersing yourself in the sport — everything from your favorite soccer kits, as well as picking up the must-read books and watching the recommended films and documentaries. Delving deeper into the fandom, there are soccer collectibles. And when it comes to a year of a major tournament, for example Euro 2020, a really enjoyable way to complement your tournament-watching experience is to dive into collecting the official Euro 2020 soccer stickers.
While collecting soccer trading cards is more of an American pastime, soccer stickers is much bigger overseas than in the United States. Both sides to the hobby are growing — soccer stickers exploded in the United States during World Cups 2014 and 2018, and collecting soccer trading cards is becoming more popular overseas.
The two world’s of collecting collide this summer. While not available in U.S. brick and mortar stores, Panini has launched the official Euro 2020 sticker collection (available online via eBay, Amazon and other online stores). Panini will also launch Panini Mosaic UEFA Euro 2020 Soccer Cards on June 30, 2021.
Looking more closely at Panini’s Euro 2020 sticker collection, the album is an ideal collector’s item and also helps familiarize yourself more closely with the players. Each national team is featured in the album, and is represented by a team logo sticker (printed in Panini’s original holographic material), a group shot, 20 classic player stickers in a new landscape format, and 12 ‘in action’ players.
The 96-page sticker album features all 24 participating teams. It’s the 11th official sticker book for a European Championship. The first European Championship album from Panini was for the 1980 finals in Italy. Panini and UEFA have worked together ever since.
The album also features the teams arranged by official tournament group, with complete stats and analysis as well as updated squads and kits.
We recently had a chance to sit down with World Soccer Talk Senior Writer Kartik Krishnaiyer who has already finished completing his album for Euro 2020. He opted to spend a little bit more to get the hardback edition of the album, but we hope the video gives you a better appreciation for the wonderful hobby of collecting soccer stickers and cards.
Articles from our series focused on soccer trading cards and stickers:
Videos: Unboxing of soccer cards and stickers
• 2020/21 Obsidian soccer cards
• 2020/21 Topps Museum Collection: UEFA Champions League
• 2018/19, 2019/20 & 2020/21 Topps Bundesliga stickers
• 2020/21 Panini Prizm Premier League
• Panini Chronicles box break featuring Neymar autograph
• Orbis World Cup 1990: The greatest soccer sticker album of all time
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo