Madrid (AFP) – Real Madrid will face Liverpool at Anfield next week without right back Lucas Vazquez who set up the opener in Saturday’s Clasico win before limping off with a knee injury.
Vazquez had to come off before half-time in the 2-1 win over Barcelona but not before he had crossed to Karim Benzema to score the first goal.
Real announced the player was suffering from a left knee ligament sprain with the Spanish media suggesting he could be out for the rest of the season.
The first match he will miss is Wednesday’s Champions League quarter-final second leg with Real travelling to Anfield with a 3-1 first leg lead.
His absence adds to Zinedine Zidane’s injury concerns with Sergio Ramos, Raphael Varrane and Dani Carvajal all sidelined for the game.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Euro 2020, Copa America, Gold Cup & MLS
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $5.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more