Madrid (AFP) – Real Sociedad midfielder David Silva faces a spell on the sidelines after injuring his left hamstring, the Spanish league leaders said on Tuesday.
Silva, 34, has started eight of 10 league matches for La Real following his summer arrival from Manchester City on a free transfer.
The Spain international picked up the injury during Sunday’s 1-0 win at Cadiz, a result that moved his side three points clear at the top of La Liga.
The club did not give a timeline for his return although reports in Spain suggested Silva could be ruled out for around two weeks.
He will miss Thursday’s Europa League tie away to AZ Alkmaar and the visit of Villarreal in La Liga on Sunday.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Deal Alert: Best streaming deals this Memorial Day Weekend
- Africa beckons for Royal after dramatic draw with Orlando Pirates
- Regret? Skupski prioritises French Open over Champions League ticket
- Klopp urges Liverpool to show Madrid who’s boss in Champions League final
- Ancelotti says Real Madrid can achieve ‘the maximum’ by winning Champions League
- Mancini thanks Chiellini before Italy send-off against Argentina
- How to watch UEFA Nations League on US TV and streaming
- Klopp shrugs off Mane speculation, but concerned over new Paris pitch
- ‘Things change’ – Ceferin warns Europe’s old elite before Champions League final
- UEFA chief Ceferin calls on La Liga to stop criticism of PSG