Former US Men’s National Team goalkeeper Tim Howard has rejoined NBC Sports as an analyst to replace Kyle Martino.
Howard, who played in the Premier League from 2003-16 with Manchester United and Everton, will serve as a studio analyst at NBC Sports Group’s International Broadcast Center in Stamford, Connecticut.
“I’m excited to re-join NBC Sports, where I got my start in broadcasting,” Howard said. “After playing for 13 years in the Premier League, and watching regularly since, I can’t wait to get into the studio to provide analysis on the League with Rebecca and the Robbies.”
“We’re thrilled to welcome Tim back to our team,” said Pierre Moossa, coordinating producer of NBC Sports’ Premier League coverage. “As a full-time member of our broadcasts, Tim will provide our audience with a unique perspective as a goalkeeper who has played at the highest level in both the Premier League and in multiple World Cups.”
Howard made his broadcast debut with NBC Sports nearly seven years ago, joining Arlo White in the booth for a Chelsea-Manchester United match on Oct. 27, 2013. Over the next two seasons, he commentated on numerous Premier League matches and studio shows for NBC Sports.
Prior to rejoining NBC Sports, Howard was an analyst for TNT’s coverage of the UEFA Champions League. During an exclusive interview with Howard earlier this year, the former Everton goalkeeper said, “We love this game. We love talking about it and pontificating over it. And again, we love football. It’s silly to call it a job because we enjoy it.”
Highlighting a more than two-decade playing career, Howard made 45 Premier League appearances with Manchester United (2003-06) before signing with Everton (2006-16), where he made a total of 414 appearances over 10 seasons with the club. Howard, the USMNT’s most-capped goalkeeper with 121 appearances, set a World Cup record with 16 saves in the United States’ 2-1 loss to Belgium in the 2014 World Cup Round of 16.
Howard also played nearly 200 Major League Soccer games with the MetroStars (1998-2003) and Colorado Rapids (2016-19). He is currently minority owner and sporting director for Memphis 901 in the USL Championship, where he also started four games in goal this past spring.
Howard replaces Martino, who announced his departure from NBC Sports on August 18.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family