Lyon (AFP) – Lyon forward Mariano Diaz denied on Tuesday that Real Madrid have a buy-back clause, after the European champions sold him to the Ligue 1 club in the close season.
The Spaniard has impressed in France, scoring 11 goals in all competitions this term, but Spanish media reports suggested Real had added an option to buy him back, similar to the clause that saw Alvaro Morata return to the Santiago Bernabeu from Juventus in 2016.
“I signed a contract for five years, without a clause. I’m very happy to be there and to be scoring goals for my club,” the 24-year-old told a press conference.
Diaz mainly played for the Real reserve team, scoring only one La Liga goal before leaving for Lyon in a deal worth eight million euros ($9.5 million).
Lyon are second in Ligue 1, nine points behind runaway leaders Paris Saint-Germain and ahead of reigning champions Monaco on goal difference.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Ronaldo’s power play puts pressure on Ten Hag
- Galtier appointed PSG coach on two-year deal: sources
- Veteran Quagliarella extends Samp stay to 2023
- Marseille name Croat Igor Tudor as new coach
- PSG tipped to finalise appointment of Galtier as coach
- Barcelona seal double swoop for Kessie, Christensen
- Work to be completed well before World Cup: organisers
- Switzerland to Salford: Four days of groundhopping across Europe
- Phillips makes ‘dream’ move from Leeds to Man City
- Man Utd agree deal to sign Eriksen: reports