NBC Sports’ popular Behind The Badge documentary returns this weekend with the first of a four-part series about Premier League club West Bromwich Albion.
Previously, NBC Sports has featured Crystal Palace and Watford. Both were critically received and featured plenty of fly-on-the-wall footage to give soccer fans a unique perspective on what it’s like to work and play behind the scenes at a top-level soccer club.
In the series about West Bromwich Albion, NBC Sports has been provided unprecedented access to West Brom. Voiced by BBC presenter and former English footballer Gary Lineker, the series follows an intriguing mix of players, coaches and support staff, recounting their daily lives and routines.
The debut episode launches on Saturday, March 4 at 3pm ET on NBCSN.
The first episode will feature in-depth interviews with head coach Tony Pulis, captain Darren Fletcher and defender Jonny Evans, and follows Ben Foster as he transforms from goalkeeper to barber for charity. In addition, the opening episode will take a look at the squad training as severe winter storm Doris batters the region, and includes pre-match interviews with Albion supporters.
Co-produced with Goalhanger Films, each episode will focus on the club’s preparation for that week’s match, as well as the game itself. NBC Sports Group’s camera crews will be given access to the offices, training facilities, locker rooms, pitch, and tunnel, capturing the unique atmosphere leading up to and throughout the matches.
West Bromwich Albion were a founding member of the Football League in 1878 and this year’s Premier League campaign is the club’s seventh straight in the top-flight of English Football. Under Pulis, appointed head coach in January 2015, the Baggies currently sit in 8th place, and are undefeated in their last 5 Premier League matches. Since 1900, the Baggies have played their home matches at The Hawthorns, which is located in the “Black Country,” an area of the English West Midlands named for the soot that once spewed from industrial chimneys in the region. Albion supporters are known for creating a lively atmosphere with their signature celebration, where supporters will jump up and down yelling, “Boing, Boing.”
Here’s the schedule of when the episodes in the series will air:
Episode 1: Saturday, March 4, 3pm ET, NBCSN
Episode 2: Sunday, March 12, 2:30pm, NBCSN
Episode 3: Saturday, March 18, 4:30pm, NBCSN
Episode 4: Sunday, April 2, 1:30pm, NBCSN
30+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch LaLiga, Liga MX & MLS
- Includes TUDN, GolTV, Univision, beIN SPORTS and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch LaLiga, Primeira Liga and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $5.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Serie A, Bundesliga, FA Cup, EFL & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $5.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more