Shanghai (AFP) – Argentine striker Carlos Tevez, the world’s highest paid footballer, failed to score in his first match with new club Shanghai Shenhua on Wednesday as they crashed out the Asian Champions League.
Shenhua lost 2-0 to Brisbane Roar in China, with 33-year-old Tevez doing nothing to prevent the defeat, prompting the Australian club to ask “Carlos who?” on their official Twitter account.
The play-off defeat means Shenhua are out of the 2017 edition of Asia’s premier club competition.
It was a disappointing start for Tevez, who reportedly receives 38 million euros ($40.7 million) a season from the cashed-up Chinese team, making him better paid than Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi of Barcelona.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family