Palermo striker Paulo Dybala is nearing an agreement with reigning Serie A champions Juventus, according to numerous reports from Italy.
The 21-year-old has been called “the new Messi’ and is one of the hottest young players in Europe.
In recent weeks, Dybala has been linked with Paris Saint-Germain, Chelsea, Manchester City and Arsenal. But the understanding has always been that Juventus have been the front runners to land the talented Palermo striker’s signature.
According to various Italian news outlets, Juventus could close the deal for Dybala “soon” with Palermo scheduled to hold a meeting with Bianconeri officials this week to finalize the agreement.
Palermo have reportedly placed a £29 million price tag on the striker. However it is believed Juventus are negotiating a deal which will see Dybala join the Old Lady for between £20-23 million plus bonuses.
Should the transfer go through as reported it would give the Bianconeri one of the best young attacking duos in Europe, with Dybala lining up alongside 22-year-old Alvaro Morata – who Juventus signed from Real Madrid last summer.
Dybala would also serve as a replacement for Carlos Tevez, who is rumored to be nearing a return to Argentina in order to finish his career with Boca Juniors.
Tevez contract is set to expire in June 2016 and earlier this year the striker was linked with a return to his homeland.
However, the former Manchester City striker is Juventus’ leading goalscorer in the Champions League (seven goals in ten appearances) and recent reports have speculated that the Bianconeri would like to extend his deal until 2017.
Programming note: Real Madrid vs. Juventus will be shown LIVE on Wednesday at 2:45pm EST on FOX Sports 1 and FoxSoccer2Go.
100+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $29.99/mo. for fubo Español Package
- Watch Premier League, LaLiga, Liga MX & MLS
- Includes NBC, NBCSN, ESPN, FS1, FS2, TUDN, beIN SPORTS and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch LaLiga, Primeira Liga and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $5.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Serie A, Bundesliga, FA Cup, EFL & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $5.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ