The Tyne-Wear derby between Newcastle and Sunderland plus Liverpool v Arsenal are the highlights of this weekend’s Premier League betting coupon, with six of the 10 fixtures having an odds-on team with the bookies. Easyodds.com editor Simon Hopper tipped Newcastle to beat Chelsea at a massive 7/1 as his best bet a fortnight ago and he’s back to offer his five best wagers for this round of action!
* Visit easyodds.com’s Premier League betting centre to compare all the best odds from every market plus get expert tips for every fixture…
** Follow Simon on Twitter: @hopperfootball
#5 Tottenham v Burnley (Saturday, 15:00)
Harry Kane Anytime Goalscorer @ 13/10 –
Harry Kane has started Tottenham’s last six consecutive Premier League games and now looks an assured starter under Mauricio Pochettino. He’s certainly got an eye for goal with 11 strikers in his last 19 games (all competitions) including an excellent header in the 2-1 win at Swansea last time out. Burnley arrive at White Hart Lane with 12 goals conceded in their last five away league matches so Kane should get plenty of chances to add to his tally this weekend.
#4 Man City v Crystal Palace (Saturday, 12:45, BT Sport 1)
Under 2.5 Goals @ 13/10 –
This selection may surprise some people but Man City have actually gone under 2.5 goals in four of their last six home Premier League games, with three of those fixtures ending 1-0 to either side! Since Sergio Aguero got injured City have managed just one goal from open play in their last two league matches and Manuel Pellegrini is without a recognised striker again here as Stevan Jovetic and Edin Dzeko are still out too. Crystal Palace have gone under 2.5 goals in four of their last five away league games and look capable of keeping the score down at the Etihad.
#3 Newcastle v Sunderland (Sunday, 13:30, Sky Sports 1)
Both Teams NOT To Score @ Evens –
Goals look unlikely at St James’ Park. Newcastle are excellent defensively on home soil with just one goal conceded in their last four league games, and when captain Fabricio Coloccini is fit they always look much more organised. Sunderland are the division’s third lowest scorers and have failed to notch in five of their last six away league games – in fact five of their last 12 league matches have ended 0-0! Therefore both teams not to score at even money looks a very good play.
#2 Liverpool v Arsenal (Sunday, 16:00, Sky Sports 1)
Liverpool To Win @ 49/25 –
These sides are separated by just five points and five places going into the weekend so to make Liverpool underdogs looks a poor decision by the bookmakers. Liverpool didn’t play at all badly in their 3-0 defeat at Man United last time out and face an Arsenal side who have lost three of their last five away league games and will be without defensive lynchpin Laurent Koscielny. The Reds love being underdogs at Anfield and I’m happy to back them at a shade under 2/1.
#1 Stoke v Chelsea (Monday, 20:00, Sky Sports 1)
Stoke +0.5 Asian Handicap @ 7/5 –
How would you like to back a selection at 7/5 which has happened in 20 of Stoke’s last 26 home league games? The Potters have lost just six of their last 26 at the Britannia so Chelsea look terrible value 4/6 shots on Monday night. Mark Hughes has had 13 home games against top half sides since taking charge and has lost just two of them, including a famous 3-2 win over this opposition last season. The Blues have actually only won two of their last six away league games and Jose Mourinho has already said he will rest key players for every game in December in order to maintain their challenge across multiple fronts. Back Stoke with a +0.5 start on the asian handicap at 7/5 – as long as Chelsea don’t win then your bet is a winner.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family