Now that the Group stages of the World Cup have concluded, it’s time to review the upcoming Round of 16 games to see which teams have the best odds of advancing through to the quarter-finals of World Cup 2014.
Before we share the data, here’s a note from the editor.
Editor’s note: Chris McFarland’s analysis beat Nate Silver’s Soccer Power Index predictions for the Group stages of the World Cup. Silver’s predictions were 56.25% correct, while McFarland scored a 62.5% success rate. McFarland’s analysis that the USA would advance from the Group stage was also correct.
Round of 16 odds:
Saturday, June 28
Round of 16 — Brazil vs Chile, Noon ET
Round of 16 — Uruguay vs Colombia, 4pm ET, ABC, Watch ABC,
Sunday, June 29
Round of 16 — Mexico vs Netherlands, Noon ET
Round of 16 — Costa Rica vs Greece, 4pm ET
Costa Rica 49.56%
Monday, June 30
Round of 16 — France vs Nigeria, Noon ET
Round of 16 — Germany vs Algeria, 4pm ET
Tuesday, July 1
Round of 16 — Argentina vs Switzerland, Noon ET
Round of 16 — USA vs Belgium, 4pm ET
100+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $29.99/mo. for fubo Español Package
- Watch Premier League, LaLiga, Liga MX & MLS
- Includes NBC, NBCSN, ESPN, FS1, FS2, TUDN, beIN SPORTS and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch LaLiga, Primeira Liga and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $5.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Serie A, Bundesliga, FA Cup, EFL & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $5.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ