Luis Suarez has been banned by FIFA for 9 international matches, and will not be allowed to participate in any soccer-related activity for a period of four months.
The worldwide ban is immediate and means that Suarez will miss this weekend’s game against Colombia as the first match of his ban.
He has been banned from entering the confines of any stadium for four months. He has also been ordered to pay a fine of 100,000 Swiss Francs.
This means that Suarez will be banned from playing for Liverpool and won’t be able to play for the Reds until the end of October, 2014. That means that the first game he’ll be available to play is in the first week of November when Liverpool plays Newcastle United.
The ban of 9 international matches and four months of any soccer-related activity is a result of an incident in the game between Uruguay and Italy where Luis Suarez bit Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season