Stoke City have unveiled their new home and away shirts for the 2014/15 season.
The Potters are the first Premier League club to reveal the kits they’ll be wearing next season. The new designs are from Warrior, and thankfully the American sportswear company have learned their lessons after their abysmal Liverpool shirt designs. Next season’s Stoke City shirts are bold.
Stoke City’s home shirt for the 2014/15 season is a classic red and white striped shirt from Warrior. The collar is unique, and so too is the intricate design at the back of the neck.
Stoke City’s away shirt for 2014/15, meanwhile, is a bold blue design with a navy blue diagonal sash across the front of the shirt. While the collar is more traditional, the back of the neck again features an intricate design, similar to the home shirt.
Stoke is famous for its ceramics industry and Warrior has paid homage to the town’s ‘potteries’ history with the ‘Ready to Fire’ campaign; history playing a big role in the designs of the new shirts.
“Warrior has done just that with the home kit and bringing back the sash on the away shirt that I’m told featured in the 1970s is a nice touch that I’m sure fans will appreciate,” said Stoke City manager Mark Hughes.
The away shirt silhouette draws inspiration from various eras of the clubs past; the collared shirts of the 1940s are blended with the front panel sash of the 1970s. It’s a fresh, modern twist on a familiar color configuration using bold block designs and edgier color shades, which makes the overall look a visually striking kit.
Richard Wright, General Manager of Warrior Football commented: “Every panel, finish and stitch has been thought about by our design team as part of a rigorous process that takes into account comfort, performance and style. These shirts are ergonomically designed to offer the players the most technically advanced shirts which optimise performance, whilst still upholding a strong lifestyle statement in allowing the players and fans to look their best on and off the pitch.”
What are your thoughts regarding Stoke City’s new home and away shirts? Share your opinion in the comments section below.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
- Includes USA, NBC, FOX, FS1 + more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- ‘Game-changer’ Bynoe-Gittens propels Dortmund to comeback win over Freiburg
- Osasuna stun Sevilla in Liga opener
- Ismaily strikes late to rescue Ligue 1 draw for Lille
- Barcelona finally register Lewandowski on eve of new season
- English teen Bynoe-Gittens propels Dortmund to 3-1 comeback win over Freiburg
- Willian leaves Corinthians following death threats
- Seven-time winner Messi misses out on Ballon d’Or nomination
- EPL commentators on NBC: August 13 to 15
- Rush from potential tenants for Cruyff’s boyhood home
- Tottenham boss Conte relishing heated Chelsea challenge