World Soccer Talk is proud to reveal its latest soccer short film entitled World Cup Memories, which features exclusive interviews with soccer stars Steve McManaman, Michael Ballack, Alexi Lalas and Craig Burley as they discuss their earliest memories of the World Cup, what it was like playing in the ultimate soccer tournament, and what it’s been like working for ESPN.
McManaman explains why he thinks the duo of him and Ian Darke resonated with soccer viewing audiences on ESPN2, while Lalas goes back in time to remember his proudest moments playing for the red, white and blue at World Cup 1994. German legend Michael Ballack shares what it was like to play in front of his home country during World Cup 2006, while ESPN FC pundit Craig Burley reveals what it was like to play for Scotland against Brazil in a World Cup.
The interviews and footage were shot by World Soccer Talk videographer Joshua Tomlinson as well as interviews by Kartik Krishnaiyer during a recent visit to ESPN’s headquarters in Bristol, Connecticut. The scene you see at the very end of the video is a long corridor adjacent to the cafeteria at ESPN HQ. The opening shot of the photograph of Pele is featured on a wall in the same ESPN building.
At the very beginning of the video, you can see the ESPN pundits and Bob Ley on set for the World Cup Draw, seconds before they went on-air to share their reaction to the names “picked out of the hat.”
If you enjoy the video below, be sure to watch the other exclusive soccer films created by World Soccer Talk, which include behind the scenes documentaries about NBC’s Premier League coverage, ESPN FC and Tampa Bay Rowdies. If you enjoy our videos, be sure to subscribe to World Soccer Talk’s YouTube Channel.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- Cristiano Ronaldo should have taken outrageous Saudi offer
- FIFA 23 needs to focus on things beyond Ted Lasso
- Barcelona VP says Messi return would be ‘possible financially’
- Brands hoping World Cup boosts Gen Z interest in soccer
- Hummel makes statement with World Cup kits for Denmark
- 3 reasons Arlington is not ideal host for 2026 World Cup final
- Richarlison racially abused in Brazil’s win over Tunisia
- Where to find Chelsea vs. West Ham on US TV
- USMNT staggers into World Cup following draw with Saudi Arabia
- 2026 World Cup Final will reportedly be in Arlington, Texas