ITV Sport pundit and former Manchester United captain Roy Keane called Tottenham Hotspur supporters idiots on live television today after their reaction to Theo Walcott’s gesture when he was stretchered off the pitch.
The incident happened during Arsenal’s 2-0 victory versus Tottenham Hotspur at the Emirates Stadium today in the FA Cup Third Round. Arsenal’s Theo Walcott rubbed in the Gunners victory against Tottenham by reminding them of the score after being carried off on a stretcher. As Walcott was carried toward the tunnel, Tottenham Hotspur fans directed verbal abuse toward Walcott.
Surprisingly, ITV pundit Roy Keane called Tottenham Hotspur fans idiots for the way they responded to Walcott, who — as Ian Wright said — was simply trying to remind Spurs fans what the score was.
Should ITV force Roy Keane to apologize to Tottenham Hotspur supporters, or did he have every right to criticize the negative reaction from Spurs fans? Share your opinion in the comments section below
Editor’s note: For the latest Spurs news, analysis and opinion, visit the Tottenham Hotspur team page.
100+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $29.99/mo. for fubo Español Package
- Watch Premier League, LaLiga, Liga MX & MLS
- Includes NBC, NBCSN, ESPN, FS1, FS2, TUDN, beIN SPORTS and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch LaLiga, Primeira Liga and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $5.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Serie A, Bundesliga, FA Cup, EFL & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $5.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ