Connect with us

Leagues: EPL

Tottenham Hotspur Announce Plans for US Summer 2014 Tour

Tottenham Hotspur are the first Premier League side to announce plans for a summer 2014 tour of the United States.

The north London club will be heading to the United States for the third time in the past five years to play a series of friendly matches on US soil. The club has confirmed July fixtures against Seattle Sounders and Chicago Fire.

Tottenham will play Seattle Sounders on Saturday, July 19 at CenturyLink Field, followed by a game against Chicago Fire at Toyota Park on Saturday, July 26. Single match tickets exclusively for the Seattle-Tottenham Hotspur match will go on-sale Monday, March 10. For Chicago-Spurs, tickets will be available for sale to Fire Season Ticket Holders beginning on January 8. The general public on-sale date is January 24 and group sales will begin on January 27.

The Premier League club also will play other friendlies in the States this summer, and opponents and dates will be announced at a future time.

Readers, if you’re planning on going to see Spurs play Seattle or Chicago, let us know in the comments section below. Whether you’re going to those matches or not, also let us know where you think Tottenham should play in the States in their other friendlies (and who they should play against).

There’s no news yet whether Ted Lasso will be in charge of Tottenham’s tour.

Editor’s note: For the latest Spurs news, analysis and opinion, visit the Tottenham Hotspur team page.

200+ Channels With Sports & News
  • Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
  • Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
  • Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
  • Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
  • Price: $4.99/mo
  • Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
  • Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
  • Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
  • Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
  • Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more

21 Comments

21 Comments

1. Sean

June 18, 2014 at 11:32 am

Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and Charlotte. Three I can get to easily enough. I will be in Chicago this July for the match v Fire.

2. Dennis

April 12, 2014 at 1:34 am

Gotta come to Philadelphia or Baltimore. My son is a Spurs fanatic and we enjoyed the friendly vs. Liverpool in Baltimore two summers ago.

• Sean

June 18, 2014 at 11:33 am

Was that two summers ago? I was thinking about that one, but thankfully didn’t go. 100 degrees doesn’t suit Englishmen very well.

3. Kevin

February 2, 2014 at 12:44 pm

I”ll be going to both. Surely the game to play though would be Toronto?

4. Silvia

January 21, 2014 at 9:37 pm

I would like to get tickets to the Seattle game. I saw that they are not releasing single tickets until March 10. Stubhub had them going around $100 each. Anybody have a ballpark idea what they might go for come March 10?

5. Marc

January 16, 2014 at 4:55 pm

I heard that Manchester United is coming to the USA this year. Have you heard anything?

• Christopher Harris

January 16, 2014 at 5:06 pm

I haven’t heard anything concrete, but it’s very possible that the organizers of the International Champions Cup will try to get United to play in the States this summer.

6. Chris

January 10, 2014 at 4:22 am

I live in St. Louis, MO, and unfortunately we don’t have an MLS team despite the city being a massive soccer hotbed because of the Bosnian influence, however my fiancé and I were planning on visiting a family friend in Seattle this summer, and a spurs game just sealed the deal. I’ll be there. COYS!!!

• Tim

June 27, 2014 at 12:12 pm

St. Louis was a soccer hotbed long before there was much of a Bosnian population.

7. andrew rodger

January 3, 2014 at 4:56 pm

SPURS should play at New England Revolution near Boston, home of many Premier League players including Clint Dempsey. Andrew

8. Eric

January 3, 2014 at 10:15 am

I will be a the game in Chicago! COYS!!!

9. Paul Solk

January 1, 2014 at 1:37 pm

Where are the NY dates???

• Christopher Harris

January 1, 2014 at 1:47 pm

No New York dates have been announced.

10. Wigglesworth81

December 30, 2013 at 6:23 pm

VAMOS CHI-CA-GOOOOOOOO!

11. Geoff Gonifas

December 30, 2013 at 3:43 pm

I would love to see Tottenham at Colorado Rapids. COYS

12. andrew

December 30, 2013 at 1:44 pm

I’ll be at the Seattle game. There was no way to opt out of the friendly this year for season ticket holders. That being said, my wife is a Spurs fan so she’ll be mildly excited. If we weren’t travelling to England in April and going to White Hart Lane, she’d have been much more excited.

13. Mahlon Christensen

December 30, 2013 at 1:29 pm

I hope they come to San Jose, San Francisco, or Palo Alto, I know they have before.

14. Mysterious J

December 30, 2013 at 1:23 pm

I dream of a day when the MLS regular season is so meaningful that such friendlies won’t happen. Can you imagine Spurs playing a friendly against an MLS club in London in January?

• Christopher Harris

December 30, 2013 at 1:30 pm

DC United played Tottenham Hotspur in a friendly at White Hart Lane on October 17, 2002. DC United won the game 1-0.

• Mysterious J

December 30, 2013 at 5:20 pm

Great. Cut down the EPL friendlies to once per decade and I will be ok with it. Again, either the MLS regular season + US Open Cup + CONCACAF Champions League are meaningful enough that clubs should be allowed to rest between those matches…or they aren’t.

• Christopher Harris

December 30, 2013 at 5:34 pm

MLS and SUM make significant amounts of money from foreign clubs and national teams playing friendlies in the United States every year. It’s a revenue stream that MLS and SUM will not want to stop or reduce.