FOX Soccer Daily, FOX’s daily soccer news show that launched August 19, has temporarily been taken off the air for 4-6 weeks so FOX executives can evaluate the format and talent in order to determine what changes are needed to improve the ratings, according to a World Soccer Talk source close to the show.
Hosted by Julie Stewart-Binks, who is joined by Warren Barton, Brian McBride and Eric Wynalda, the show has suffered from poor ratings since it launched in the summer. FOX moved the time of the show from early evening to 3:30pm ET weekdays, but the earlier time hasn’t helped improve interest in the show.
During the week of December 16-22, FOX Soccer Daily’s average viewing audience was 35,200, which is only slightly more than the average of 31,750 viewers who viewed the show in August, the program’s first month of broadcast.
Compared to ESPN FC, the rival soccer show that is continuing to broadcast during the holiday break, ESPN’s daily soccer show averaged 85,666 viewers during December 16-22.
A spokesperson for FOX Sports declined to comment regarding the report.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season