Manuel Pellegrini is free to leave Malaga on July 1 and to become Manchester City manager without having to pay the Spanish side a penalty clause, according to a report in the Spanish media today.
For cash-strapped Malaga, Pellegrini’s departure on July 1 means that the club won’t have to pay his hefty salary. At the same time, Pellegrini won’t have to pay his penalty clause to break his contract.
That paves the way for Manchester City to scoop Pellegrini away from Spain, to manage their club as a replacement for sacked manager Roberto Mancini.
Meanwhile, Manchester City are still interested in signing attacking-midfielder Isco from Malaga. The club would reportedly like to sign him on a four-year deal.
100+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $29.99/mo. for fubo Español Package
- Watch Premier League, LaLiga, Liga MX & MLS
- Includes NBC, NBCSN, ESPN, FS1, FS2, TUDN, beIN SPORTS and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch LaLiga, Primeira Liga and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $5.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Serie A, Bundesliga, FA Cup, EFL & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $5.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ