Liverpool have unveiled their new home shirt for the 2013-14 season.
The kit was launched at midnight UK time and is designed and manufactured by American apparel company Warrior. The new kit features a simple but attractive red shirt with white trim.
The Liverpool home kit is a modern take on the 1984 version, worn during the Club’s fourth European Cup win.
“The new home kit pays tribute to the renowned success LFC is built on, but it is also a nod to the future,” said Richard Wright, head of Warrior Football. “With high performance the top priority, our design team has further developed what was loved about our last design and lifted it to a new level. The result is an innovative take on the iconic red jersey.”
The 2013/14 Liverpool FC home kit includes a number of fresh design features.
Giving the familiar a contemporary overhaul, a white three-piece collar set upon a striking red colour scheme is complemented by mirrored details on each sleeve. Historically worn by player greats such as Alan Kennedy and Ian Rush, the bold white accents define the overall look.
Embraced by fans following its re-introduction in 2012, the Liver Bird crest has been incorporated into the new design in two key ways. Running alongside the embroidered emblem, a new pin-striped sublimation print on the front of the shirt showcases the iconic symbol with the words, ‘Liverpool FC’. Interwoven using a darker red hue, this eye-catching detail strengthens the kit’s visual depth.
In line with the 2012/13 version, two embroidered Eternal Flames alongside a 96 logo are located on the nape of the shirt’s neck to commemorate the events at Hillsborough in 1989.
Here are the official photos (including the white goalkeeper’s shirt). And feel free to share your opinion about the new Liverpool kit in the comments section below.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family