It’s been 17 months since DISH Network launched Fox Soccer Channel in HD. During that span of time, several other satellite and cable providers have added the HD channel. But for the vast majority of Comcast customers, we’re still waiting. And now according to a Comcast executive customer relations representative, the channel is not going to launch this year. At least in the Bay Area of the United States.
“I can pretty much tell you that [Fox Soccer Channel in HD] is not going to launch this year,” says the Comcast representative in the above recording of an audio call that one soccer fan named 81FanVilla had with the cable company recently. Note, that while it’s not likely that Comcast will launch FSCHD in the Bay Area this year, each Comcast region works separately, so it’s possible that other parts of the country will get it sooner.
The call may sound familiar to some readers who have contacted the cable network only to hear the same excuses. But you’ll hear during this call that the soccer fan addresses the excuses and dismisses them with strong arguments. The customer service rep replies “I know, I know” and then passes the buck by saying she’ll communicate the request to Comcast’s marketing department.
Ah, marketing… seemingly the last bastion to conquer before Comcast customers — myself included — can get Fox Soccer Channel in HD. Despite large numbers of soccer fans nationwide who have left Comcast in the past 17 months to go to satellite so they can watch Fox Soccer Channel in HD (and Fox Soccer Plus), it seems that Comcast is still not listening. And with the 2011-12 Premier League season scheduled to kick off on August 13, Comcast should expect even more customers to switch from them to satellite providers. DirecTV and DISH must be loving Comcast’s incompetence.
Meanwhile, congratulations to 81FanVilla for having the fortitude to contact Comcast, to stand up against the excuses and for doing his homework.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Where to find Nottingham Forest vs. Sheffield United on US TV
- Legacy on the line for Rangers in Europa League final
- Rangers and Frankfurt roll back the years for retro Europa League final
- Klopp confident Salah, Van Dijk fit for Champions League final
- Newcastle blow up Arsenal’s Champions League dream
- Clint Dempsey joins FOX Sports for World Cup 2022 coverage
- Newcastle blow up Arsenal’s Champions League dreams
- Chiellini says goodbye to Juve fans as last-gasp Lazio make Europa League
- Blackpool’s Daniels ends 32-year wait for gay UK male footballer to come out
- Liverpool assess Salah, Van Dijk ahead of Southampton clash